Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Extra columns and sorting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babsinc3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Extra columns and sorting Reply with quote

Hi! Love Gixen! I am totally hooked.

A couple of enhancement ideas would be to include a column for shipping costs next to current. So that you know the real cost of the item.

Also, it would be nice to be able to click the column header and select the sort order that way.

Keep up the good work!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you... This is complicated though, especially when there are several options, and/or when shipping can be international - what rate should I display?
samhale123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sellers standard rate/ the first shown?
Is that possible?
Could you have a list based on cheapest? As if you choose the UK website, you would have a list of Royal Mail options. Or if on the itnernatrional website you could have the cheapest to your destination?

Don't think it is that much of an importance, especially if you've used the script for firefox...
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be better to avoid trying to expand Gixen's auction management features: Gixen's raison d'etre is to place bids and to place them efficiently. Well, OK, I'm not the one to be claiming I know Gixen's raison d'etre: Mario is the only one who can do that. However, I hold to my opinion that it would be better to create a Gixen API so that auction management could be handled by client software (e.g. JBidWatcher).

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject:

n00b dev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: adding shipping column Reply with quote

I guess it depends on whether you are using some ebay web/xml service or if you've written gixen to scrape info from the ebay web pages. If you've done the latter, you could just scrape the shipping price from the item's auction page while logged in with the user's credentials. That would not always be helpful, but often would. No biggie, just food for thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.