Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Password is not a match - Special Characters?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gitsum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Password is not a match - Special Characters? Reply with quote

I am new to your service and very interested in becoming a supporting member. I'd like your help to eliminate the spec characters in my pw as the issue with log in failure (using either the site or the Firefox extension) showing the following message:

"Password is not a match. Could not log you in."

I have not changed my ebay pw recently and have full ebay functionality by various browsers and operating systems. The suggested solution #4 seems the simplest to try first and possibly the issue as I have several spec characters in my pw:

"4) Some special characters presented a problem for Gixen in the past. If you use an unusual character in your ebay password, please let us know what it is (never email your full password, just the character in question). "

I respectfully request your time for help as I failed to find the answer searching your forum or elsewhere. The solution refers to a single character (I have more than one) and is unclear how to "... let us know what it is." other than suggesting to "... never email your full password, just the character in question".

I would prefer not to reveal my ebay id in your open form but would be happy to send it by email along with the redacted pw showing only the special characters if this will help eliminate the pw with spec characters as the cause for log in failure through Gixen. Many thanks in advance for any help and all the time and effort in continuing to make Gixen happen.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can email the special characters that you use direct to Mario at the support address that is given on the 'Contact' tab above.

Usually Mario also likes you to include your Ebay id as well, but that may not be absolutely necessary in this case, if you can't even log in.

It may also be useful to mention how many characters, in total, your password has, I recall one user had a particularly long password which also caused an issue in the past.

Mario is usually able to get back to you within a day or so.
gitsum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Password is not a match - Special Characters? Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply Mark. I will pursue your recommendations with Mario to see if this will solve my log in issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.