Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How does contingency groups work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldschool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: How does contingency groups work Reply with quote

Hello, I checked FAQ but I do not see information on how to use contingency groups.

Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Settings page where you enable the feature, it says:

Quote:
Contingency bidding is the opposite of normal group bids. Unlike group bidding, with contingency bidding the remaining snipes in a group are canceled when you LOSE your first item. This feature is available to Gixen mirror subscribers only.

Quote:
Warning: When using contingency group bidding, you are liable to buy all the won items even if you hadn't won all the items in the group. Use this feature at your own risk.

I think the feature was originally suggested by those that wished to collect whole sets of things, but where it was not worth buying each item of the set individually... or by those that wish to capitalise on shipping discounts where it is only worth bidding on later items if you are already paying for something to be sent to you.

In my (and some others) opinion for both those use cases to work properly the subsequent bids should all be dependant on whether the first is won.. however, for instance if the second is lost it still cancels the third to last.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.