Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

File Upload with Desktop Manager

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennyf23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: File Upload with Desktop Manager Reply with quote

Great tool, great website! Smile
Just a couple of comments about the Desktop Manager.

After loading a CSV file, all the newly added items showed up as "ended" with no description. It took a Refresh to clear this up.

Also, all the new items had a 6/6 offset time. It would be nice if the offset could be included in the CSV parameters or just use the GUI settings as the default. (I had it set to 6/3.)

A few other suggestions for Desktop Manager:
1) Have the column headings be sort buttons -- very useful.
2) Add a multi-line select feature for editing/deleting multiple items.
Again, very useful if you need to regroup items, or add common comments or bids, etc. Something like: Ctrl-click to select multiple items individually, Ctrl-shift to select a range.
3) Perhaps have color-coding for the groups. I don't use groups myself, but I do a lot of GUI design.

Thanks! Very Happy
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: File Upload with Desktop Manager Reply with quote

jennyf23 wrote:
After loading a CSV file, all the newly added items showed up as "ended" with no description. It took a Refresh to clear this up.

This is necessary, as fetching information for many items cannot be done instantly. It's either that or a big delay, which customers like even less.

jennyf23 wrote:

Also, all the new items had a 6/6 offset time. It would be nice if the offset could be included in the CSV parameters or just use the GUI settings as the default. (I had it set to 6/3.)

Using pre-defined settings should be the default, I'll see that I fix that.

jennyf23 wrote:

A few other suggestions for Desktop Manager:
1) Have the column headings be sort buttons -- very useful.
2) Add a multi-line select feature for editing/deleting multiple items.
Again, very useful if you need to regroup items, or add common comments or bids, etc. Something like: Ctrl-click to select multiple items individually, Ctrl-shift to select a range.
3) Perhaps have color-coding for the groups. I don't use groups myself, but I do a lot of GUI design.

I am quite limited with what I can implement by the choice of the tool I use to make GDM. It allowed me quick development at the expense of more refinement in choices I can make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.