Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

current no refresh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
halonso1961

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: current no refresh Reply with quote

on page no current updates on several occasions over a long period of time. I lost so many
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you refer to price updates, they are not done real-time, and have no effect on sniping at all.
halonso1961

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: no complete agreement Reply with quote

in my opinion if I watch it affects my bids on your page is not updated and if not if I'm out of money, sorry for my English
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current price shown at Gixen has no effect on sniping. Only when it's found to be higher than the current maximum bid Gixen may skip bidding, as there is no point. If it's lower, e.g. shows older price, Gixen will place a bid for you.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gixen Desktop Manager features real time updates, if that is important to you and you have a windows based machine, you can use that.
Sumflow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Place your bid Reply with quote

Just bid your maximum price, remove yourself from watch lists on ebay and forget about it.
L.L.Moorloch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: current prices Reply with quote

: I am using the desktop manager, and the current prices for items are not being u-p-d-a-t-e-d (see explanation for hyphens below under "SILLY STUFF," not even when I log into the system. I typically have a group of the same product, and I use the current prices to determine how or if I should modify my bids.

That's also why including shipping prices is also important. (And contrary to what Mario has said, my expereince is that most of the shipping prices are fixed and unchanged by distance, etc.)

While I sure some enter a bid and then forget about it, I take a much more active approach. Don't get me wrong. I really like Gixen, but some changes would raise it from good to great!

SILLY STUFF: The first time I tried to submit this repliy, I got this message: "The word d-a-t-i-n-g is on our list of spam related words. Please refrain from posting this word." I had to redo the message using hyphens to disguise the fact I was using a word frowned upon by the Spam Police. Considering that d-a-t-e-s are an integral part of sniping, couldn't this be changed? I can stand a little spam.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What refresh rate have you set in the GDM under Settings->Preferences?

Are you getting any error messages?

Currently running eBay auctions are not the only way to research prices, I would recommend using other ways of finding the market value, including closed eBay auctions, Buy It Now auctions and completely different on-line buying sites. I find that relying too much on the prices of the auctions that I find results in my paying above the odds on some items.

It may not be the case for you but for the items that I take an interest in I find that there is a big difference between domestic shipping rates and international ones. Since I bid internationally this is of great significance to me... If Gixen were to display only domestic rates I would find that misleading... when setting up snipes Gixen is not aware of the location of the item or the seller and to make it so would be rather complicated for Gixen to implement accurately.

I usually refer to times and not dates when referring to the ending of auctions when Gixen does the most important part of its' work.

Unfortunately, Spam is not just an annoyance to the users of this forum... it is necessary for it to be removed to keep the forum usable and fit for purpose... if we get a lot of it that task can take up quite a lot of time so automated means of reducing it are, to a certain extent, a necessary evil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.