Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Easier text entering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Easier text entering Reply with quote

I don't use the feature to enter personal notes to each auction as much as I would due to the multi step procedure needed to add text. One must go through a whole process of modifying the whole snipe and entering the text in a field way up away from the snipe field.

It would be really nice if there were a simple active text field right at each snipe where you write your text right there and just hit enter and it just stays right there where you wrote it.

Perhaps extend the width of the "eBay Item Number" column (2nd column) and put the text field in that empty space below the picture. It would make it easier to spot the custom text when scrolling through snipes. The current location for the custom text makes it sort of blend into the item description.
(I notice some snipes say "offset 3" in that field, what does that mean?)

In the meantime I should think it would be an easy quick update to make the personal text 1 line down from the item description and make the font different and bigger for the personal text, in contrast to the system presented text such as item description.
Would be pretty cool also if there were an account setup option allowing each person to choose their own font and font size for the custom text.

Sorry, I don't know what it takes to edit this kind of programming code, what is simple and what takes all day to wrestle with for a solution.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean "multi-step"? It's a click on "Edit" button, text editing, and then "Submit". It's not that cumbersome at all.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand the issue... the request is really to be able to edit things in place (on the page), particularly the comments field... and to be able to distinguish the comments field more from the rest of the snipe detail.

However, much of that is actually quite a large redesign of the front end.

BTW 'Offset 3' is displayed when you select an offset of 3 seconds for that snipe on that server... the default of 6 seconds is not indicated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.