Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen bidding on sold item

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atlas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Gixen bidding on sold item Reply with quote

I scheduled a bid for item 221039833067. It had an auction button and also a buy it now option. Apparently, a person already bought it with the buy it now option. Gixen, however, still states that the auction is scheduled to be bid on. It's not a serious bug, since even if gixen bid on the item nothing would happen, but it (wtf'd) confused me a little at first. The gixen page should state something like "item sold" or something like that.

My 2 cents

Atlas
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlas,

This is normal - Gixen makes updates every few hours or so, they are not instant. There is no way it can update 30k scheduled listings in real-time, and there is no need for it anyway.
Atlas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, I just noticed it updated after a few good hours. Thanks for answering, this may help other Gixen newbs like myself that wonder the same. Smile
Sumflow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Bid max and forget Reply with quote

I can understand your confusion. You can always check on the eBay site, so it would be redundant to duplicate that on Gixen. Auctions are usually up for a few days, the ones I bid on anyway. If you see something that you want, later, you make up your mind the maximum that you would be willing to pay. Then log in, an place your maximum bid and forget about it. Go have a life.

If your bid is high enough you will win, if it is to low you may not. The first loser picks the price, not you if you win. You do not have to sit there and watch what other bidders are doing. But if you want to, you can join the losers over at eBay.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Bid max and forget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.