Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT Reply with quote

There have been quite a few occurrences of the error above this afternoon (past 3-4 hours or so). Both main and mirror hosting facilities were affected, with Gixen servers having no apparent issues this time, so it seems that eBay was having an issue.
MusicalMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Got me too. Item #230741729896
ENDED 29.56 25.98 USD EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (2)

I'd been waiting for several months for this item at this price. Guess I shoulda gone for the Buy It Now instead.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is the busiest time of the week, Sunday mid-day. When doing capacity planning, that's what I look at, so I am not surprised that they had an issue right at that time.
vgeorge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (2) Reply with quote

Got me TWICE today.

Items 250991990429 & 250991998834

eBay too busy on a Wed early evening?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (2)

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vgeorge, there was definitely an issue with ebay that started around 4 hours ago, and ended hour and a half ago (or so), there were login timeouts across the board, from all servers in different locations.

eBay is definitely not busy on Wednesday afternoons / evenings, Gixen servers at that time hardly register any load at all, it's more likely that they were doing some maintenance on the site.
finbar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: LOGIN ERROR Reply with quote

Yes, same LOGIN ERROR for last 2 items tried to bid on via Gixen, both failed to register with ebay. 260974787853
I guess ebay could be blocking logins from Gixen ?

Frustrating.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finbar, you are replying to a thread that's more than a month old. If you see a new issue, please start a new thread, and post item ids in question - I can't fully investigate anything without them.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.