Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Why does Gixen always seem to be the maximum bid price

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Why does Gixen always seem to be the maximum bid price Reply with quote

I have used Gixen successfully a few times but I always seem to win the item at (or just below) my maximum bid price - the latest to the penny. (the bidding history suggests that there is another bidder who bows out just before my winning bid).

I thought that Gixen used proxy bidding - it this just a coincidence or am I misunderstanding how Gixen works
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay uses proxy bidding, Gixen submits you maximum bid to eBay just before the auction ends.

The way that eBay works you only have to pay a maximum of one bid increment more than the maximum someone else was prepared to bid.

If you are winning at, or near, you maximum it means that other bidders were prepared to pay nearly as much as you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.