Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRYDAVID

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: THE FINAL COUNTDOWN Reply with quote

CAN YOU TELL ME IS IT OR WOULD IT BE RISKY TO WAIT UNTIL THE LAST THREE SECONDS TO ENTER A GIXEN SNIPE? i KNOIW THAT ON EBAY WHEN THE BUZZER GETS DOWN TO 54 SECONDS i START TO ENETR MY BID AND WHEN IT GETS TO 20 SECONDS i PLACE IT AND AT 15 IT UDSUSALLY GOES THROUGH BUT MOST TIMES i AM OUTBID AND ITS TOO LATE TO START THE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN ..BY THE TIME I REFRESH THE PAGE I GET THAT NIGHTMARE OF" SORRY: THE ITEM HAS ENDED" IS FIVE TO SIX SECONDS THE VERY BEST? i HAVE NEVER LOST A BID WITH gixen UNLESS i DID NOT READ THE UNDERBID NOTICE. IS THE FIVE SECOND ENTRY THE BEST OR CAN YOU BUMP IT UP A BIT TO THREE SECONDS WITHOUT ANY TECHNICAL JAMS OR DOES SUCH A SMALL OR LOW SECOND TIME FOR ENTRY INCREASE THE RISK OF A TECHNICAL GLITCH ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen supports three second snipes (for mirror subscribers), however this was introduced only because some users wanted it so much. In my opinion there is no added benefit in using three versus six second snipes.

If you have mirror, three second snipes are fairly safe; it's still extremely unlikely both servers will be late.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.