Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

maximum bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shelleyrickey67

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: maximum bid Reply with quote

I'm bidding from the Netherlands on USA ebay. In my last auction i had bid a max of 65 dollars. Right before the end the bid was at 24dollars. At the end someone won it with 66 dollars. It's seems like someone else had a sniper on the same auction.

My question is...
In the last seconds will my bid be placed at 1 dollar above the maximum bid or does it automatically bid my max?

It appeared to me that in the last seconds my max bid was placed (65) and that someones sniper bid 1 dollar above mine.

I'm confused at how it went from 24 dollars to my max in the last seconds when i though it would bid in 1 dollar increments above the highest bidder.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how eBay works, it takes all the bids, no matter when they are placed and the highest one wins, but not necessarily fot the amount that they bid, just one increment above the next highest bidders maximum.

So, yes, Gixen submits your maximum bid as you specify it, the other bidder may have bid much more than you, but they will only be asked to pay one bid incremant more than you were prepared to pay.

Your experience is typical and not surprising, sniping does not provide you with an advantage over other bidders that are already prepared to bid more than you, it only provides an advantage over those that have not already decided that it is worth more to them than it is to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.