Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

UNKNOWN ERROR (2)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rikdee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: UNKNOWN ERROR (2) Reply with quote

Received an UNKNOWN ERROR (2) on a bid which should have won. I am also a paying member of the mirror site.
oobs1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: 2 Reply with quote

Same thing just happened to me, Im also a paying member...only just. Before nothing liked this nappened, perhaps I should have stayed non-paying?
More than likely a glitch has happened in the system and perhaps it is down for a period...wish an email was sent when this happened.
ECHOBAY_1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: unknown error Reply with quote

anybody help? Sad
sansonet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: UNKNOWN ERROR (2) Reply with quote

Rikdee wrote:
Received an UNKNOWN ERROR (2) on a bid which should have won. I am also a paying member of the mirror site.

Same here Crying or Very sad Lost good item.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: UNKNOWN ERROR (2)

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry everybody, please see my previous post. eBay rolled out some changes today that caused this. Took me couple of hours to detect & fix this. Unfortunately during this time many snipes failed.
yakaholic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: UNKNOWN ERROR (2) Reply with quote

I am also getting this error. Been a paid user since yesterday. It seems to prevent the bid from being submitted or accepted since I was the only bidder and it didn't show up on the bid list. I was using the desktop application at the time. The error is also indicated on the web page and clicking the "View Error" button produces the following message "Error log not found. Please contact Gixen support."
DTD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: UNKNOWN ERROR (2) Reply with quote

There's a couple of questions at the end of this semi rant...

It seems this happened to everyone. I just recently started using the service (a friend highly recommended it to me) and am doing a trial run to see if I become a paying member or not.

Before today I had won one auction and lost another (bid under asking price). Right now I have one win, two I should have won, and three loses (bids under asking price).

How often does something like this happen? I understand that this was completely out of your control; however, if this is something thas has happened before, then it would be reasonable to think it could happen again in the future, right?

Thanks!!!

One last thing, do you have any idea if what eBay did was designed to make sniping sites and software to look bad?
DTD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: UNKNOWN ERROR (2) Reply with quote

BTW, I'm aware that the three auctions I lost because of the bid being under asking price are completely my fault (was trying to get then cheap).

My concern is if something like the "UNKNOWN ERROR (2)" has happened before, how long ago it was, and the possibility of happening again in the future because eBay is trying to make sniping apps look bad.

Sorry for not clearing this up before.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the last time was over 6 months ago, but I would need to check the forum history to see that. It's been a while.

But it can happen any time - whenever ebay makes a change to their pages. Since this is out of my control, this is why there are no guarantees users' bids will be placed.
Rikdee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Mario. I have been with you for almost three years and this is the first issue I have had. No complaints here just wanted to see it fixed.

Keep up the great work.
clouseau2001

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for your prompt attention, Mario.

Ugh, this couldn't have happened at the worst time! I had a seller with 4 fantastic antiques that i collect - and they all ended within seconds of each other!

Sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite sorry about that clouseau2001 Sad, I wish one could choose time for events like this.
ECHOBAY_1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: SNIPER FIXED YAYAYAYAYAYA!! Reply with quote

Thanks Mario.

I have used GIXEN now as a paid up member for nearly a year and have sniped around $6000 worth of items in that time.

this is the ONLY time GIXEN has failed to snipe, not bad going id say??

Thnks again for your prompt repair!!
oobs1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo glad this is a random event.
Love this site. Its saved and made me money. What more could you ask for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.