Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

MAXIMUM BID AND OTHER PROBLEMS...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RS07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: MAXIMUM BID AND OTHER PROBLEMS... Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I just tried it ! Seems to work even tough I lost the auction. Still don't know how because the winning auction was made, if I read correctly, 2 hours BEFORE mine (?)... Did anybody knows how it's possible ?? Is not the first time that I see that.
I have an other question, as you may have understood I was just before the last auction but my bid was the Maximum price I put on Gixen (30,00)... Strange because the guy just before put only 24,00... Did anybody can help me ? Thanks a lot in advance !

P.S. : See my auction datas below.

WINNER : 31,00 GBP 10-june-10 4:58:09 PM ------> WTF ???
ME : 30,00 GBP 10-june-10 7:09:02 PM
3rd : 24,00 GBP 10-june-10 7:08:02 PM
nochkin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Yes, it's possible. eBay accepts bid during the whole listing time, not just at last seconds. Then the highest bidder wins, not the latest.
So it's normal if someone placed a bid long time before you so that bidder won the item.
You have to bid higher to win it.

2. This is normal. If you put 30.00 as your snipe, that's what you see in the history because someone else bid higher. The Winner might've bid even higher than 31.00, but eBay shows the previous lower bid (yours) plus increment (1.00 in this price range) so the winner took it for 30+1=31.00
All other bids (24.00 and lower) won't matter in this case.
RS07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer ! Just one thing, let's imagine that I was the winner, and the second was at 24.00, so how many Gixen will put if my maximum is 30.00 ? 24.50 ? Is the thing I don't know... Gixen bids are made 50 cents by 50 cents ? Anyone know ?
Thanks again !
nochkin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen will put 30.00, but at the end you will win it at 24.50. That's how proxy bidding works on eBay.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.