Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

live countdown of timers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
computeronix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: live countdown of timers Reply with quote

like ebay does when the item is close to ending have the gixen page auto update / java countdown timer...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be good, I agree. I'll see what I can do.
thedavidmetcalfe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
That would be good, I agree. I'll see what I can do.

So what's happening with this? 2 years, and 9 months later, there's still no timers. It's a small amount of Javascript to get it working.

Seeing as the only reasons I refresh the page are for an updated time, or for current bid price, it makes little sense to not be dynamically loading updates like these.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want 'live' features please use Gixen Desktop Manager that has this functionality (live time-to-end), as well as real-time price updates.

I've given up on adding something like this to the web interface and used the effort to improve GDM in this respect. Even if possible to add time-to-end javascript counter, price wouldn't be updated anyway making this far less useful.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject:

daniela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I want to do that, I check the live countdown and realtime updates directly on the ebay website. I think it is convenient and does not burden the servers unnecessarily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.