Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

in case i have already bid on the item what does gixen do?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mlkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: in case i have already bid on the item what does gixen do? Reply with quote

Hello! i am trying gixen for the first time, and i wanna ask something.
Ok, theres an item that i want bad, buti am already the higher (and only) bidder on it. also i have set my maximum bid higher than the current bid.

for example, current bid by me; $400 but theres also a maximum bid of lets say $450 (also by me) .

so... if i set gixen for $600 will it bid as much as i need to win the bid($481 if the higher was $480 for example) the last seconds or just put a $600 bid no matter if it is needed?

(english isnt my native language, hope what i wrote makes sense Smile )

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry, eBay does not increase the price if you only outbid yourself.

Gixen will submit the bid that you ask it to in the last few seconds of the auction, eBay works out what price you pay based on the amount that the second highest bidder was prepared to bid plus up to one increment.

You are not using the best strategy to get the item for the cheapest price, because by bidding on it early you are encouraging others to place higher bids, if they do that may cause you to pay more than you need to, but placing an even higher maximum bid with Gixen will not.
Mlkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick reply.

I know it was a mistake of mine to bid early on an item, but its the first time i use ebay.So...

say theres an item with $480 max bid and $450 current and someone puts a $500 bid and $510 max the last 10 seconds. If i have told gixen to bid $600 the last secs, how much will it bid? My guess is $600 and not $511 right?
but if i understand correctly, ebay will adjust my bid to $510,01 ?so i wont have to pay $600?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Gixen bids what you ask it to, so in your example it will place a bid of $600... however, eBay works out what you will pay based on what the other bidder put as their maximum.

So in your case you would pay $510 plus one bid increment, in that range the bid increment is $10 so you will pay $520... plus, of course, any shipping to your location.

See :

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject:

Mlkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! thanks alot for yout help. I will put in Gixen the max amount of money that i am willing to spend then Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mlkas wrote:
I will put in Gixen the max amount of money that i am willing to spend then Smile

Yes, that is the best strategy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.