Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Group Bid Mechanics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed.in.space

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Group Bid Mechanics Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

There are 3 auctions each for quantity 1 of similar items. I would like to end up winning no more than 2 of these items. If I put them all in a single group, and set the quantity to 2, will I achieve this? Is the quantity drop-down for the group, or for the auction?

I thank you for your site and efforts. I'll stick your banner up if I ever get any web traffic.

Best regards,
ed.in.space
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quantity only relates to the auction for which a snipe is set, not to the group as a whole.

The way to achieve what you are wanting is to set up a group and then after you win one set up another group with the remaining items. Alternatively dont group them at all and cancel the remaining snipes once you have won 2. Both methods involve further intervention by you as a result of the outcome achieved as you go along, the second method is more risky in that if you are not fast enough at cancelling later snipes you could end up winning more than 2, the first method could result in you missing auctions that you might have won but avoids the posssibility of winning more than you want.
ed.in.space

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Understood. Thanks for the clarification.
tchiudaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, no plans to include the option to win multiple items within the group, as in the example above? thanks.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.