Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alank3371

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE Reply with quote

Hello, I have used GIXEN now for some time and it is a great service. However, I recently got the above message for an item that I had bid over the asking price via GIXEN ( item 200214153178)

I am not sure why this has happended and would be grateful for any advice on how to stop it happening again.

Thanks

Alan
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,

Your bid must have been lower than GBP 8.76, which was the minimum that eBay would accept at the time gixen tried to bid for you. That is GBP 8.26 plus one increment, which is 0.50 in this range.

The only way to stop this would have been to bid higher... the disadvantage being that it costs you more when you win!
123mrsmiles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: bid below asking price Reply with quote

Hi, a similiar problem , i bid on an item and it appeared my bid did not appear, with the note bid below asking price?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: bid below asking price Reply with quote

123mrsmiles wrote:
Hi, a similiar problem , i bid on an item and it appeared my bid did not appear, with the note bid below asking price?

See my previous answer. The bid will not appear on eBay as it would not have been accepted.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: bid below asking price

nochkin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: bid below asking price Reply with quote

123mrsmiles wrote:

Sniping is not a guarantee that you will win. Sniping is just placing your bid at some specific time.
If your bid is too low, you won't win.

Your bid must be not just higher than current bid, but higher than "current bid + increment" value.
lazy-sniper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note also that using a pre-set increment for an auction item is the choice of a seller at time of listing it, sometimes there isn't one. I have had few instances of winning an item for just 1, 3 or 4 cents above the second highest one, lucky me! William.+++
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazy-sniper wrote:
Note also that using a pre-set increment for an auction item is the choice of a seller at time of listing it, sometimes there isn't one. I have had few instances of winning an item for just 1, 3 or 4 cents above the second highest one, lucky me! William.+++

Hmm William,

Thats certainly possible but not for the reason that you state.

The increment applies to the current auction price NOT to the highest bid amount. The result is that its certainly possible to win by less than one increment, however it is never possible to bid less than one increment above the current auction price.
nochkin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

Hmm William,

Thats certainly possible but not for the reason that you state.

The increment applies to the current auction price NOT to the highest bid amount. The result is that its certainly possible to win by less than one increment, however it is never possible to bid less than one increment above the current auction price.

Cupid,

Maybe William is confused with situations when proxy bid is higher than current shown bid?
From outside it seems like increment is different if someone does not know how ebay increment system works.
I've heard questions like "I lost my auction. How other people know my exact bid and they bid exactly one increment higher?".
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazy-sniper wrote:
Note also that using a pre-set increment for an auction item is the choice of a seller at time of listing it, sometimes there isn't one.

Although Cupid and nochkin alluded to it, perhaps it's worth pointing out that this is false. Bid increments are set by eBay based on the current price (showing bid) of an auction: the seller has no control over them.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.