Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Please help! User page is not loading!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bippy_video

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Please help! User page is not loading! Reply with quote

All of the sudden, after entering my username and Password, my bid page won't load. I've used Firefox and IE and still nothing. Also, it wouldn't let me log in to the Community pages either.
What gives?
Please help, I have an extremely important bid going off in about 4 1/2 hours!!!!!
Sincerely,
Troy
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to get to the page that says the following?
Quote:

Please wait...
If not redirected to your account in 5 seconds, click here.

It's working for me now. Perhaps it's just network traffic?

I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to log in to the Community pages. To do that requires special authorization from the system administrator.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using IE... and today I have found that it is slow to log in, but if you are patient it does get there in between 10 and 15 seconds.

I think perhaps bippy_video has got the impression that since the log in area also appears when in the Community area that this logs you in to the Community area... for clarity this is not the case, the log in at the top of the screen logs into your own sniping user area no matter where you encounter it on the site.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I logged in after that last post it had speeded up to normal again... I suspect it was a temporary slow down of the eBay server that gixen is connected to.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These "spikes" on Gixen website happen occasionally (not often though), usually at peak times. In the past, it happened once or twice that they affect sniping. To prevent this from happening, each web user session is assigned a semaphore that prevents it from having multiple requests executing at the same time (so hitting "refresh" repeatedly definitely doesn't work in one's favour).

It's either this, or snipes failing (no matter how powerful servers are there is always a limit). I prefer to have a bottleneck at the front-end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.