Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING (1)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
allhaildawg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING (1) Reply with quote

Gixen apparently failed to submit my bid and returned the following error:
EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING (1)
for item: 140193501984

I read some of the other posts about this issue. With seven seconds left in the auction I pressed F5 to and refreshed my ebay browser window. Could this have affected Gixen's ability to submit a bid? This is the only reason that came to mind.

Any insights?

Thank you.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its unlikely that your action would have affected the interaction between gixen and eBay... to be honest no one here seems to know what causes this problem... I get it myself quite regularly when serching for items on eBay via the auction number. Obviously its a problem eBay has internally.

Personally I do stay away from the auction pages while gixen is bidding, just in case the number of users accessing a page does slow it in some way.. but the fact I've never had gixen encounter this problem is probably not related to that.

I'm intrigued as to why you are watching an auction so closely and yet not actually doing your sniping manually... is it because you expect to get more problems with your internet connection when bidding manually?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the database, and this was the only snipe that got this message at the time. Mark is right, we have no idea why this happens, and ebay seems reluctant to fix it. They may be doing system changes at the time, or some maintenance tasks that cause it, who knows.
allhaildawg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

I'm intrigued as to why you are watching an auction so closely and yet not actually doing your sniping manually... is it because you expect to get more problems with your internet connection when bidding manually?

Cupid, I appreciate your response.

I actually wasn't watching it that closely. I returned to my computer expecting to find that the auctioned ended. When I refreshed the page it showed me that 7 seconds remained. I immediately refreshed it again expecting to see my bid entered by Gixen. To my surprise the auction ended well below my max bid. Prior to this, I encountered no issues with Gixen. I will consider it an aberration.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject:

allhaildawg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I checked the database, and this was the only snipe that got this message at the time. Mark is right, we have no idea why this happens, and ebay seems reluctant to fix it. They may be doing system changes at the time, or some maintenance tasks that cause it, who knows.

Mario, thank you for the swift response.

Does this problem happen with only third party sniping tools? If so, I can understand ebay's reluctance to invest the energy to accommodate a likely small subset of it's universe of users.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allhaildawg wrote:
Does this problem happen with only third party sniping tools? If so, I can understand ebay's reluctance to invest the energy to accommodate a likely small subset of it's universe of users.

No, it happens with manual bids as well. If you search on Google for "ebay page not responding" you will see an abundance of user posts on this subject. The problem is - when sniping there is no time to try again.
Michelle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
The problem is - when sniping there is no time to try again.

...which is true whether one is sniping manually or via Gixen (or any other sniping service, for that matter).

Before finding my way to Gixen, I encountered this problem a few times (and of course missed out on the auctions as a result) when sniping manually.

-- Michelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.