Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

wrong email associated with acc, after having 2 re authoris

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenafanok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:53 am    Post subject: wrong email associated with acc, after having 2 re authoris Reply with quote

wrong email associated with acc, after having 2 re authorise & cannot now complete purchase on winning. Was asked to enter email as part of re-authorise & entered gmail address, which ebay use for comunication from buyers, but payment prompts are sent to outlook address. So after re-authorise winning notification/payment prompt goes to gmail address, & upon clicking just brings blank page stating item is unavailable, even though i won the auction as there were NO other bidders, so this has stemmed from the re-authorising account & i was not aware i'd need main email associated with ebay, assumed it was just for gixen correspondance.
So, i cannot now use account unless email is properly connected to main ebay/payment email.
there is no way to remedy this myself, as i have tried & if i click help option i am offered usa/canada, i am in UK
eBay item number:196299513395
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this sounds like you have set up another Ebay account using your gmail address and then authorised Gixen to bid on that account.

If so, first you need to remove that authorisation in the second section of the Settings page, then set it up again using the account you do want Gixen to use in the future.

As regards the auction you've won, you'll need to log out of your normal account on Ebay and then log in to the one you've set up for the gmail address, then you should be able to pay for that item and have it delivered to you. After that you shouldn't need to use that Ebay account again.

There isn't anything, as far as I can see that Gixen has done wrong, or that Mario can now do to help you sort out the issue.

Please explain further if you disagree with this analysis.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
xenafanok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i'm in my account alright, it's not a new one, i've used gixen for years, it has come to mind that the email associated with ebay may have changed since last authorization? But the main thing that sticks in my mind is that when recently having to re -establish authorization, i was asked to enter email address, i feel IF i'd have entered my outlook email, which IS email for ebay then the winning/payment prompt would have went to that account as normal.
Of course i'm just assuming, what i do know is that it's now not safe to use my gixen for any purchases, as i will lose the item as it now stands. as last resort i did contemplate to remove my account & start afresh, although i'm unsure if it is possible to re-establish again?
I may have to give up using gixen, which i've used for many years, the re authorize has not resulted in this before.
Do you know if it's possible to remove account & start afresh, or would that be permanent, like cannot use the same user account again? can't see other way to fix this
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about Ebay accounts, not Gixen ones, these are entirely separate entities.

You now have two Ebay accounts, the one you've just won that auction on is new, but it's also yours. You were not providing an email address to Gixen when you authorised using it, as you thought, you were setting up a new account with Ebay. That's the only way that Ebay are telling you that you won something via that email address.

Are you are aware that you can log into Ebay accounts using the email address that is associated with them?... That's what you've done to create that new Ebay account.

As I said, you need to remove the authorization of that Ebay account in the second section of the Gixen settings page, then reauthorise the correct Ebay account, using that same section.

There is no need to set up a new Gixen account, you just need to correct the settings that you now have on your existing Gixen account.

You need to sort out the auction you've won with Ebay, using that new account that you have set up with them which is associated with the gmail account, there's no reason why you can't log into that new Ebay account and complete the payment for it... then log out of that Ebay account and don't use it again.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.