Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Need persistent logoff from Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave250

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Need persistent logoff from Gixen Reply with quote

Is there a better way to logoff than I'm using?

I am new to Gixen and sniping, but very enthusiastic now. After showing some young computer users how sniping works, I logged off and my account appeared to be hidden. However, we soon noticed that jumping backward several pages in the Firefox recent-page list brought my account back into play, and no matter how many times I click the LogOut button (or even restart Firefox), putting that particular text (gixen.com/home_2.php?username=...) into the address gives access to add/delete/edit bids under my responsibility. No re-entry of my Ebay password is requested or needed by Gixen even after logoff.

Before I trust these kids with that kind of access to my Ebay account, I may have to disable this computer. First though, I'll try a few other things like removing all cookies & rebooting.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that sounds like a problem. I think pushing the 'Logout' button should prevent all future use of your current session on the server side, but it sounds like it is not.

The session is stored in a cookie, so deleting them should work as a work around for the time being.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
dave250

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Firefox tool cleared the cookies. Login is needed again Reply with quote

Yes, clearing the cookies worked. Actually Firefox had several checkboxes and it cleared both cookies and "authenticated sessions". That restored security immediately, so I'll keep doing it that way until whenever the Logout button does it all by itself.

Thanks for the encouragement. Gixen is great!
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

Yes, I also just tried your test, you are correct, in Firefox, if I push the 'Logout' button and then use the browsers' Back button the session is still active... I'm sure Mario will look into it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject:

nochkin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I brought the attention to this matter some time ago (when session id is included in the link). Mario said he'll fixed it, but I did not really tested it after that.
It may be just an offline cached data.. In any case, it should not be happening anyway so I guess it was not fixed completely. Sessions must completely expiry after "logout".
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fixed now, please let me know if you notice any further issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.