Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Daylight Saving ends in Australia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PascoBortechelli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Daylight Saving ends in Australia Reply with quote

For most states in Australia, daylight saving ends this Sunday at 2am, when clocks go back one hour h_t_t_p:alldownunder.com/oz-k/date/australian-daylight-savings.htm. I have a bid I want to place for an auction that ends a few hours after...

1/ Will Gixen handle this change? eBay says w_w_w_2.ebay.com/aw/au/200904.shtml#2009-04-01125608 the duration of all auctions remains the same (ie. a 3 day auction is 72 hours) so the auction will appear to end one hour early.

2/ Should I update my target server. I currently use the default US and it works fine, but would it be more likely to work with Australia?

edit: hard to post links without u r ls
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, how I hate DST.

Gixen has had quite a few troubles with DST in the past, but to the best of my knowledge, all these problems are ironed out. You are safe either way.

P.S. Sorry about the links, I had to make it difficult as forum spammers were killing me.
PascoBortechelli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario. Wow, that was a quick response!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.