Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.
Forum is available in English only.


   SearchSearch     

Now I've gone and joined the Dark Side, yes I did.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rickyk4
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Now I've gone and joined the Dark Side, yes I did. Reply with quote

Well, I've finally done the deed. I've joined the Dark Side. I've now become a seller. Shocked

I spent almost a week researching how to sell, on the Ebay forums. I had to find out how shipping works, the various Ebay fees, which currency I should choose (e.g. Canadian or US dollars), what legal terminology I should put into my descriptions, etc. I scared myself silly reading all of the possible problems sellers have (what if somebody pays with a credit card and then does a chargeback)? And then I finally screwed up enough courage to post my item. TADA, I'm a seller! Laughing

Well, even after posting my item I had to wait 7 excruciating hours for my item to even appear on the Ebay site. So now I know the business from the other end of it. So you can check out my professional-looking sale item # 170308111207, you can even snipe it if you want, I don't mind. Wink
Back to top
rickyk4
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just got done watching my own sale item, 170308111207, get done. It was really fascinating, there was a bidding war that went on in the last 20 minutes, right up to about 7 seconds before the end of the auction. I think it was a completely manual sniping war, not really any automated snipes, as people were trying to one-up each other. But in the end a guy's bid about 30 seconds from the end stood up.

Oh, BTW, did you guys know that sellers can see how many people are watching their items? It tips them off to how popular their item might be. So it might be a good idea not to set your own watch on Ebay for items, and instead just click on its link from the Gixen link to it. That is if you don't want sellers being tipped off to your interest.
Back to top
nochkin
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyk4 wrote:
Oh, BTW, did you guys know that sellers can see how many people are watching their items? It tips them off to how popular their item might be. So it might be a good idea not to set your own watch on Ebay for items, and instead just click on its link from the Gixen link to it. That is if you don't want sellers being tipped off to your interest.

I don't see a point here. If seller knows that 15 bidders are watching (instead of 14), it won't increase the current bid anyway.
This number is anonymous and does not show who is exactly watching the item and their intentions (bid or just watch).
Back to top
rickyk4
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nochkin wrote:
rickyk4 wrote:
Oh, BTW, did you guys know that sellers can see how many people are watching their items? It tips them off to how popular their item might be. So it might be a good idea not to set your own watch on Ebay for items, and instead just click on its link from the Gixen link to it. That is if you don't want sellers being tipped off to your interest.

I don't see a point here. If seller knows that 15 bidders are watching (instead of 14), it won't increase the current bid anyway.
This number is anonymous and does not show who is exactly watching the item and their intentions (bid or just watch).

That's true.
Back to top
ALWAYSSNIPING
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyk4 wrote:
Hi, just got done watching my own sale item, 170308111207, get done. It was really fascinating, there was a bidding war that went on in the last 20 minutes, right up to about 7 seconds before the end of the auction. I think it was a completely manual sniping war, not really any automated snipes, as people were trying to one-up each other. But in the end a guy's bid about 30 seconds from the end stood up.

Oh, BTW, did you guys know that sellers can see how many people are watching their items? It tips them off to how popular their item might be. So it might be a good idea not to set your own watch on Ebay for items, and instead just click on its link from the Gixen link to it. That is if you don't want sellers being tipped off to your interest.

Very Happy : BLESS Very Happy
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2019 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.