Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Contingency bid - Won First, Cancelled Second

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Compressor5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Contingency bid - Won First, Cancelled Second Reply with quote

I recently turned on Contingency bidding to win two items. I needed them in a pair, so I enabled contingency bidding, added the items, and grouped the two items together.

The first item was won, and the second item says it was canceled. What is the deal here? Aren't group bids only canceled if I lose the first item? There was over a 5 minute time buffer between auctions. What happened???

Also, could you add the feature to allow contingency bidding on one group of items, and regular group bidding on another group at the same time? It is limiting to have either one or the other when you have a bunch of items you are bidding on concurrently.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that you haven't set your snipes correctly. When you enable contingency group bidding that adds the extra contingency groups to the end of the drop down list, for you to use. But it looks like you haven't actually used one?

Did you think that enabling the option changed the operation of normal groups? It doesn't, so I think your request is already catered for as well.

Or were you wanting to put a single item into both a normal group AND a contingency group?... That is not possible, and its making my head hurt trying to work out if it could ever be useful, at the moment I suspect not.
compressor5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: For the observationally impaired Reply with quote

I see now what you are referring to. I don't believe it is clear in the contingency bidding description in settings that when you enable this feature, it adds extra options in the drop down. I don't know how I missed the extra options at the bottom of the dropdown, but I did.

For other users, it may be helpful to make it clear in the setting tab that these options will appear along with the regular bidding group options in the group dropdown box. Obviously there are some of us with an observational impairment. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.