Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

GIXEN front-end downtime this evening

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: GIXEN front-end downtime this evening Reply with quote

Gixen front-end was down this evening between 5.30 pm and 5.45 pm PDT. No scheduled snipes failed because of this, as back-end was not affected. I am analyzing why this happened and may increase capacities soon.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Bron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Still having problems. Here's errors from main login page.. Reply with quote

Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FA TAL: too many connections for role "web" in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 94

Warning: pg_freeresult(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 99

Warning: pg_close(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 102

Gixen is still the best thing going! Has changed the way I eBay for sure.

Bron

Information

The word fa t is on our list of sp am related words. Please refrain from posting this word.
Your message: Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FA TAL: too many connections for role \"web\" in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 94 Warning: pg_freeresult(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 99 Warning: pg_close(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 102 Gixen is still the best thing going! Has changed the way I eBay for sure. Bron
Bron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: SP AM Filter Reply with quote

Can't post messages containing the word F A T or even F A T A L???

Or even SP AM???

Hmmmm...a bit much, maybe? Wink
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, now I removed those two from the restricted list. I used to have a lot of problems with spammers so I got carried away with restrictions.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will keep looking at what happens with the front-end over the next few days. One reason I am hesitant in upgrading the front-end server is because IP address change results in drop on Google ratings, and it takes quite a bit for the rating to recover. I will have no choice however if this problem persists.
nochkin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just upgrade your server, why IP changes?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call that "upgrade", but in fact it means renting a new, more powerful server, often from a different hosting facility. This time, however, there will be no need to do that, as this problem was caused by failing hdd that was replaced in the meantime.
Bron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Intermittent Reply with quote

Hey! Sorry to report, but I am still having intermittent problems trying to login, update or add items, and so on. Slightly different error messages, but similar.

Also, The Grease Monkey add a snipe extension failed today as well, said bad password, but that's wrong I can still login to GIXEN and eBay with the same password. Not sure, but it just started doing this a little while ago, was working finre before then.

So then I went to adding times manually and now having problems there. I'll continue to struggle on and hope this gets resolved, but I am patient. I know these things can be hard to nail down.

Good luck with it.

I love Gixen!

Bron
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, the front-end server is recovered now, so I was moving things back from the backup server. This may have slowed down things a bit. If these problems persist, please email me with details (especially regarding api and/or autosnipe, I may have neglected this).
Bron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Autosnipe still failing Reply with quote

Email sent. Autosnipe is still failing. But adding manually works fine.

Even with these glitches, I still won 5 out of 9 auctions today. Love Gixen!
diabolic_actuary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will second the failing of autosnipe Sad.
sportsjunke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: first day using gixen and i get this response when i log in. Reply with quote

Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: too many connections for role "web" in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 94

Warning: pg_freeresult(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 99

Warning: pg_close(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 102

The main server is not available at the moment. Please try again later.
tannah225

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: GIXEN front-end downtime this evening Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Gixen front-end was down this evening between 5.30 pm and 5.45 pm PDT. No scheduled snipes failed because of this, as back-end was not affected. I am analyzing why this happened and may increase capacities soon.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sorry, but the back end was down as well - four of my snipes did NOT bid last night (27/6/2008 WST Australia) and all four closed without another bid.

Crying or Very sad
07klondike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: i can't get in!! Reply with quote

still getting the following and unable to log in, what does it all mean?

Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: too many connections for role "web" in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 94

k.l.mabon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Still happening Reply with quote

I just tried to log in, got the "Warning: pg_connect() ..." message. Thanks for looking into this Mario!
Terje

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: I can't log in either. Reply with quote

I can't log in either... same problem:

Warning: pg_connect()....
scootsah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still down as of 8:26am EST
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: GIXEN front-end downtime this evening Reply with quote

tannah225 wrote:

Sorry, but the back end was down as well - four of my snipes did NOT bid last night (27/6/2008 WST Australia) and all four closed without another bid.
Crying or Very sad

tannah225, can you please give me item numbers? I want to check this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.