Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Not an auction?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:26 am    Post subject: Not an auction? Reply with quote

I wanted to schedule a bid yesterday, and when I first tried, Gixen said it was not an auction, even if it is. I refreshed the page and it was OK, so now the bid is scheduled, but I was just wondering why it would initially think it was not an auction, and if I can feel safe and the bid will be placed?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the auction number ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to send you a PM, but I got the message that PMs are disabled.
I'd rather not share it publicly before the auction ends... It could attract more bids.
Maybe I will try to delete it and re-add it and see how it goes. Everything seems to be OK now though.
It was just strange because there is not even a BIN option. It's really just an auction.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I did that (I deleted and re-added it) and this time it gave me no error messages...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once Gixen accepts a snipe it will attempt to place a bid on that auction.

Without the auction number in question it can't really be investigated any further though as to why it may temporarily have not recognised it as an auction. Since you can't reproduce it either, it's probably best to just assume you had a different auction number the first time you tried to add the snipe.

For future reference, there is a support email address available on the Contact page which goes direct to Mario. However, that should not be over used for your own convenience. though I can understand your reasoning for not wanting to reveal an auction number here before it completes. Also please be aware that Mario can be very busy occasionally, so for time sensitive queries email is not always the best way to get an immediate response.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I've just had this occur too.

The format of the error is:
Quote:
This item is not an auction - looks like a fixed price listing. You cannot snipe these.

Could not add this item (123456789123)(1).

So this does seem to be a new 'thing' that requires a bit more investigation to find exactly what the issue is and fix it.

In the mean time, adding the snipe again, exactly as previously seems to work as noted by the OS of this thread.
user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: same here Reply with quote

I have the same problem too, once every few auctions I get this error, which usually fixes on a retry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.