Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen logs out every time I click refresh button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmann

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject: Gixen logs out every time I click refresh button Reply with quote

Gixen logs out every time I click the refresh button. (Password is not a match. Could not log you in. (33)
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this for a Gixen account with or without a Mirror subscription ?
gmann

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a Mirror subscription.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is odd, I remember it being an issue for the free accounts a few years ago, but I've never had that issue with my account that has a subscription, and I've just tested it again now.

Maybe Mario will have to look more deeply at this, it certainly shouldn't log you out... Have you tried using the browsers' \"Back\" button after that to see if it takes you back into your Gixen account or do you really still have to log in again from scratch ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject:

gmann

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be working for now. Not sure if it's been fixed or not. I haven't tried using the back button as you suggested, but if it happens again I will try that.

I noticed the issue started awhile back when Gixen had the problem with (if I recall correctly) the updated PHP on it's servers. Before then, I never had to log in to my account unless I had manually logged out. Since the PHP issue, I get logged out automatically on a regular basis.

BTW, I am using Firefox browser.
gmann

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen logged me out again. I tried using the browser's 'back' button as suggested to no avail. Had to log in again.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you leaving it a long time after your last interaction before pressing the Refresh button ?

If so, it's probably just your log in session expiring, not specifically anything to do with that particular button. Have you tried leaving a long time then using a different button.

Also do you have software installed that might be removing cookies that it does not think are necessary ?

Do you have your browser set up to remove cookies when you close it down ?

I do think the handling of cookies may be different with the new PHP, however, that's not necessarily a bug, it might be how it was always intended to operate, from,a security perspective.
gmann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have found the problem. Gixen logs out whenever a new auction has been added and you click the 'REFRESH' button (or refresh page via browser - it doesn't seem to matter).

I have spent the morning refreshing Gixen to see if it was a session timeout as Cupid suggested, but it never logged out.

It's also not an issue with cookies as I never delete them.

However, after I added a new auction, went back to Gixen and refreshed, it logged out. I logged back in, refreshed and stayed logged in. When I added another new auction and refreshed, it logged out again.

I repeated this several times to confirm this is likely what's happening.
gmann

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also point out that when I add a new auction, it's with the Gixen Autosnipe plugin, not the Gixen.com website.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes that is useful added information, perhaps there is now some interaction between the plugin and the logged on session.

I know there was some comments about unhelpful interaction and how that could be improved a short while ago, so maybe changes to address those have introduced this new issue.

If you get time, could you try the same process but without using the plugin. So, adding a snipe using the web interface instead and see whether the issue remains. I do this all the time, and have not noticed the behaviour that you are experiencing.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
gmann

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely the Gixen Autosnipe plugin.

I added an auction on the Gixen website, refreshed the page and remained logged in. I did this 3 times with the same result.

When I added an auction using the Gixen Autosnipe plugin and refreshed the page, it logged out. This happened 3 times with the same result.
gmann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if Mario has looked into this issue, or is it going to stay this way?

Kind of defeats the convenience of the Autosnipe plugin if you have to log in to Gixen every time after using it.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not be entirely within Mario's control, it depends where the issue lies, server side or browser side.

The utility is developed, and maintained, jointly with Keith, as supported on this thread.

I'll add a link to this thread to the end of that one.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look into this, just give me a few days please.
gmann

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Cupid & Mario.
gmann

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I assume this issue is not going to be fixed?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
gmann wrote:
Can I assume this issue is not going to be fixed?

No! I will fix it, but it took a backseat to some other issues. Thank you for reminding me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.