Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Legacy version of Gixen?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philatexmail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject: Legacy version of Gixen? Reply with quote

I was always using the old (legacy) version of Gixen because it has a perfect layout for monitoring a larger number of bids and is more concise and condensed than the new version. But now I cannot find it anymore - what happened? Is there a new web address / URL for the legacy version?

Thanks for any help.

Joachim
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that the upgrade of the PHP infrastructure used by the site has forced the retirement of the legacy interface.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joachim,

I had to remove it. I had to upgrade the entire site to PHP 8 from PHP 7. PHP 7 will not be supported any longer, so even security updates won't be available in the future.

As PHP8 introduced many changes, deprecations, strong typing, this was a major change, resulting in changes and (new and now exposed) bug fixes all around, including fixing this forum third-party software. It took a long time to do.

I hope you will understand, but I can't invest another 10 days fixing the legacy interface. But what I can do - invest some reasonable time to improve the existing interface. Email me or explain here what exactly (and why) is so important to you.
philatexmail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation, Mario.

My problem is that with the new layout I see a maximum of two bids on the screen without scrolling, in the legacy layout I could see - if I remember correcty - around 8 to 10 sniper bids (Assuming the same screen settings). It was easy to check whether you have been overbid etc. , and it was easy to compare bids at a glance.

Cheers
Joachim
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joachim,

I understand. Have you tried Gixen Desktop Manager? This is available for Windows, and you may like it if you like one line per snipe display.

You can download it at https://www.gixen.com/gdm/GixenDesktopManager.zip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if you could extend the table width by roughly an inch visually, which would keep most item descriptions to 1 line instead of splitting over 2 lines and eating up vertical space. On wider displays like 1920x1080, half of the screen width is blank white space currently.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check this with my web designer. Even if possible it's likely not going to be quick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.