Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

ebay, VPNs and Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stenner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: ebay, VPNs and Gixen Reply with quote

Recently I've been using a VPN and have logged into ebay multiple times with different IP addresses. About a week ago my gixen account was unlinked as ebay automatically changed my password, then requested I change it again from my email account. I thought that was good enough for them.

So today I browse ebay a bit. Set up a snipe with gixen. Then when I get home and I try to log in to ebay it doesn't even recognise my username. I also have an email from Gixen telling me my account is again unlinked.

I have had the same ebay account for about 15 years. I did not receive any email from ebay to tell me the password was reset. I'm concerned they may have deleted the account on the basis of too many logins from different ip addresses. I don't know if Gixen also logs in to ebay under my account to set up the snipe.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen can't log into your Ebay account, even if it wanted to, because you never provide it with your Ebay password.

What Gixen has is authority to place bids on your behalf, which you provide to it via the authorisation process, it doesn't need to log in to Ebay in order to do that.
Stenner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Gixen can't log into your Ebay account, even if it wanted to, because you never provide it with your Ebay password.

What Gixen has is authority to place bids on your behalf, which you provide to it via the authorisation process, it doesn't need to log in to Ebay in order to do that.

Thanks for claifying that. I was under the impression Gixen was able to log into my account.

Anyway, I managed to get through to ebay and they took the block off my account. Using a VPN is asking for trouble. If you use a VPN on a buyer account they can temporarily block your account because they think someone else is using your account.

That can cause trouble with items you have bought and buyer protection. I think using a VPN on a seller account might trigger indexing of items you list (they check them before they go live), identity verification, and all the issues that go with that. Anyway, I'm just happy to have my account back after a morning spent talking to different customer service reps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.