Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

another \"you are not eligible to bid on this item\&qu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesharkman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: another \"you are not eligible to bid on this item\&qu Reply with quote

set a snipe up 5 or so days prior to the end of an auction and was shocked to see that I did not win because my snipe was set to at least double the winning bid.

I then went back here on my dash board and saw the dreaded, "you are not eligible to bid on this item" message. ugh!

item: 144262426651

thesharkman
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had you, by any chance, placed a test bid on this item earlier in the auction ?

If you did, please can you email the details to Mario at the support address given on the Contact page, so that he can take this up directly with Ebay ?

Are there any other aspects of the rejected bid that you think might be significant ? Eg. your delivery address is in a different jurisdiction from the sellers location, any unpaid items you've had in the past 12 months with any seller, other sellers that have asked you not to bid on their items, any previous bids placed with this seller, any previous purchases from this seller, any communication you had with this seller etc. etc.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesharkman, eBay asks you to verify your ebay account. See below.

To ensure eBay remains a safe marketplace, we want to validate your identity before you purchase this item. Thank you for your understanding.
Please follow the directions below to continue:
Receive an automated call at the phone number we have on file for you.
Remember the PIN (Personal Identification Number) you receive during the call.
Submit the PIN number to complete verification.
Click on "Item I last looked at" to make your purchase.
Click here https://www.riskremedyweb.ebay.com/rrw?clientUsecase=SCR to Place call
thesharkman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
thesharkman, eBay asks you to verify your ebay account. See below.

To ensure eBay remains a safe marketplace, we want to validate your identity before you purchase this item. Thank you for your understanding.
Please follow the directions below to continue:
Receive an automated call at the phone number we have on file for you.
Remember the PIN (Personal Identification Number) you receive during the call.
Submit the PIN number to complete verification.
Click on "Item I last looked at" to make your purchase.
Click here :/.riskremedyweb.ebay.com/rrw?clientUsecase=SCR to Place call

that's not a condition of bidding though as I test bid on an item prior to replying here. was that a one time item sort of thing? thanks... =\

thesharkman
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

thesharkman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Had you, by any chance, placed a test bid on this item earlier in the auction ?

If you did, please can you email the details to Mario at the support address given on the Contact page, so that he can take this up directly with Ebay ?

Are there any other aspects of the rejected bid that you think might be significant ? Eg. your delivery address is in a different jurisdiction from the sellers location, any unpaid items you've had in the past 12 months with any seller, other sellers that have asked you not to bid on their items, any previous bids placed with this seller, any previous purchases from this seller, any communication you had with this seller etc. etc.

NOTHING out of the ordinary. I did not place a test bid on this particular item, but have won many similar type (watches) within a the last 6 months. the seller is in the same state.....

thesharkman
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once Ebay wants further verification of your account they generally keep asking, periodically, until you complete the process that they are asking you to take part in.

So, it will be a necessary action in order to bid on some items until Ebay are fully satisfied that they have verified your account sufficiently for their purposes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.