Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Won by one cent

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Won by one cent Reply with quote

This is the auction. 26.27 was my gixen number. I am pleased to win at this price but it is less than one dollar more than the previous bid. I believe the increment is one dollar at this price.

How did this work?

Gixen runs very smooth.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your bid was placed the auction price was $23 (I think) that is jwalkersmtx's bid of $22 plus one increment... at that point the eBay increment applied to that price so $24 was the minimum bid that would be accepted and not to thendmusic1's actual maximum bid of $26.26 which only became fully visible after your bid had been placed... in this way it is possible to win by only 1 cent as you did... congratulations on your win.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I entered my proxy bid through gixen the minimum bid that could be placed was 23 (22.50 plus.50). My proxy bid was 26.27. Thendmus**'s background proxy bid was 26.26. I believe that the key is the increment only applies to a bid being accepted. Once both proxy bids are accepted the minimal increment does not apply.

I just said what Cupid said over again. Thanks.

I also wonder if my proxy bid was 27.26, would ebay have bumped it the full dollar increment? Would my winning bid have gone to 27.26?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I also wonder if my proxy bid was 27.26, would ebay have bumped it the full dollar increment? Would my winning bid have gone to 27.26?

Correct,

eBay would have used that element of your proxy as you suggest, up to 1 increment above the next highest bidder... so you would have had to pay up to 27.26 if you had bid 27.26 or higher... you saved nearly a dollar by bidding lower than that.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.