Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

payment option other than paypal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palamabron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: payment option other than paypal Reply with quote

i just closed my Paypal account because several people have sent me money and erroneously checked "goods and services" which then Paypal charged 3%.

Since this added up to some $280 and Paypal would not refund the monies, i don't want this mistake to happen again and so i closed my Paypal Account.

thanks!
Ramona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you are based, but here in the UK eBay sellers have to accept PayPal as a payment option. (It may be different in other countries?)

As a result, many eBay auctions don't accept anything other than PayPal.

You will be very limited in the auctions that you can bid/snipe on if you are unable to pay by PayPal should you win them.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seriously considering adding another option, e.g. credit cards directly via stripe or another payment processor.

Paypal stunned me by introducing (what is effectively) a price hike on March 16th, in the middle of of the COVID pandemic. They will no longer refund fees on payments for which refunds are issued. Paypal claims this is in line with industry practices, but this is not true - most payment processors refund fees, including stripe.

All this while sending emails "we are there for you", and offering business loans (which are not free by any means), all the things that are no help at all, but are presented as if they were. This includes the shameless email "commitment to our customers" in which all they do is advertise their services.
Blagbox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m with you Mario. I’m sick of those ‘we’re here for you’ emails too, from all the Supermarkets, Banks, Stores and just about any website I’ve ever bought from or registered with. They all go in the Trash unread.
After the initial Lockdown and introduction of Social Distancing practices in physical stores, virtually nothing has changed to warrant weekly emails.

All we need to know is:
When restrictions are lifted if you’ve still been operating or
When you will you be re-opening (in the case of physical stores etc), and will there be restrictions in place?

Everything else is, as you’ve said, just shameless advertising.
The Banks are I feel the worst, and will use Covid as a backdoor way of closing yet more branches (well, you managed without them during Lockdown so you don’t really need to speak to a Human face to face do you?)
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pandemic has been difficult for everyone, including e-commerce sites (at least initially). Gixen's own volume dropped 30% before recovering. However, under the circumstances, this can still be called "very lucky" as many businesses went from 100 to 0, and eventually into bankruptcy.

Under the circumstances, I preferred to stay quiet and not send any disingenuous promotion emails disguised as supportive.
msjames

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Please consider Zelle Reply with quote

I want to subscribe but refuse to use paypal because they did not stand behind me with a fraudulent seller. Please consider Zelle. My credit union (Navy Federal-the largest credit union in the world) recommends it, in fact its integrated into their banking app. Its free to send and receive. It is affiliated with numerous banks and other financial institutions.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msjames,

It's not just the ability to receive the funds that matters - integration and automatic processing is really important. If I start using zelle, I have to manually process every payment.

Note that you can still pay with your credit card, even though paypal is the payment processor - you don't need to open a paypal account.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
msjames,

It's not just the ability to receive the funds that matters - integration and automatic processing is really important. If I start using zelle, I have to manually process every payment.

Note that you can still pay with your credit card, even though paypal is the payment processor - you don't need to open a paypal account.

Hi Mario,

Please consider using Stripe. Integration with them is straightforward and not that difficult
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will, Stripe is the most likely choice as an option to Paypal, working on it.
hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:36 pm    Post subject: Alternative to Paypal Reply with quote

mario wrote:

Good to hear ! I too dislike Paypal's policies, and would prefer to pay for your service avoiding that company. Hopefully you'll announce another option soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:

Any update on this?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still in progress, it will happen, but it got delayed for a number of reasons. I cannot commit to a deadline, however.
ttr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So PayPal or nothing?

Maybe I can Zelle you to get more than 4 bids a month lol

Thanks
snipe911

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
My renewing date is coming up in a few days and I really am reluctant to use Paypal. In any case, I will close my paypal account by the end of the year, due to their incredibly high fees.
It has become more expesive than a bank !

ANy update on an alternative payment option ?

Thank you for all you do,
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.