Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Two Sniping Softwares?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gcastaneda19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Two Sniping Softwares? Reply with quote

Hello hello! I couldn't find if this question has been answered already, so here goes: there's this item I really want on eBay, so I set up a sniping site to bid for me. I started off with AuctionSniper, and set that up. I then found Gixen and purchased Gixen Mirror. If I have both AuctionSniper and Gixen Mirror set up, will anything conflicts happen(like, will it not go through)? Or will that increase my chances of winning?In simple words, is it okay to have both Auction Sniper and Gixen set up for me at the same time for the same item?

Sidenote: Whats a good time to set my offset and mirror to?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For group snipes it's not advisable, but for single snipes the only bad thing that will happen is auctionsniper charging you hefty 1.5% when there was no need for that.

If you want real guarantee that your bid will be placed, use Gixen Mirror for much less - e.g. $6 for an entire year, unlimited snipes.

For optimal offset opinions differ. I prefer 8 seconds, others disagree.
gcastaneda19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Mario!

I do only have a single item (it's not a group bid). I'm debating on whether or not I should just cancel the Auction Sniper snipe then. Thoughts? They started giving everyone 3 free snipes.

I did purchase Gixen Mirror though, and have it set up and ready to go as well!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you have these three snipes for free, and there is no cost, then there is no harm to leave it both. If you have Gixen mirror there is no need, however.

I am not sure, however, how auctionsniper interpreters a situation where it detects that you won, but auctionsniper itself did not place a winning bid. It would be interesting to find out - you can make this happen by having auctionsniper's offset lower than Gixen's. E.g. 3 seconds for AS, 6 for Gixen.

Gixen will only show status as "WON" if it wins an item itself, even when it knows you won it by bidding from elsewhere (in that case it will show "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE" as if you lost it).

I suspect AS will show "WON" and charge their fee, but let me know what you find out.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject:

gcastaneda19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to me!

Sounds good- the auction ends on Wednesday afternoon, so I will send you an update by then!
gcastaneda19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mario! You were right- AS does show it as "WON" even though I bid through Gixen first.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed so. Maybe I should change that as well (not for monetary reasons, however)- at the moment Gixen shows "WON" only if it wins an item itself. It would make more sense when users use group feature and bid manually as well.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if you want it to remain as transparent as it is now there could be two versions of 'WON', a> 'WON BY GIXEN' and b> Just 'WON' when Gixen didn't place the winning bid, but it was placed by some other means.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.