Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

shows that won when actually not

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagineandmake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: shows that won when actually not Reply with quote

very small bug but still
my bid was 31 and other bidder's as well, it ended for 31, I lost cause his was earlier, but gixen shows that I won auction

just saying, nothing serious[/img]
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is certainly a bug, can you provide the auction number please ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please, if that's the case I consider it serious, please let me know the item id so that I can investigate.
Carlos2000n1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Gixen shows that I won, but I didn’t win Reply with quote

I have the same issue. Gixen says I won, but I lost Item: 223891663886

Per customer service, the actual winner had a max bid of $100, the same as me, but my bid went in 6 seconds after the winning bid. With Gixen saying I won and with the misleading time stamps used in the bidding history on the Ebay app, I thought I won but due to a glitch at Ebay, someone who bid after me had won.

To explain my confusion, let me say that I never use the use the internet browser to search or review items on Ebay. I do it all on in the iPhone app. I learned from this situation that the app displays a different time stamp than the browser. Furthermore the time stamp in the app is misleading for various reasons. The header over the bidding history in the app that says, “Most Recent Bids”, simply adds to the confusion because it makes it seem like the person that bid the same amount as I did, whose bid was placed after mine, had won.

To figure out how this happened required that I review the internet browser bidding history. The date and time stamp stamp in the web site browser is shown in a much clearer way. The browser version also omits, “Most Recent Bids” header that the app displays. When I thought I won, “Most Recent Bids“ used in the app bidding history display added to my confusion.

The time displayed in the app minutes is horribly inaccurate because it doesn’t match the minutes and seconds used in the internet browser version.

Here are the differences side by side:

For my bid: 25m 38s (app) vs. 9 Feb 2020 at 8:22:02 PM PST ( browser)
For winning bid: 25m 44s (app) vs. 9 Feb 2020 at 8:21:56 PM PST (browser)

To understand that I lost this auction, I had to compare the 2 stamps side by side. Using the app to review the bidding history was very annoying because if read from bottom to top, the user can misinterpret the time marker like a dwindling calendar and clock, with each bid showing less days and time. But if the time stamp were a dwindling clock, then it should have read more like: 0m 6s for my bid, for example. But if I’m to believe the customer service rep who admitted to not knowing how the markers work nor why the app version is so different, the app appears to use the minutes from the time on my phone. The time that customer service recognizes is the one displayed in the internet browser version, not that inaccurate misleading marker used on the app. Either way I lost the auction.

I hope the bug is fixed quickly so that I can go back to winning auctions by using Gixen.

What could I have done to assure a win, other than to have chosen a higher max bid? With seconds to go before the auction closed, maybe I could have countered with a higher bid.

Please advise. Thank you.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Gixen shows that I won, but I didn’t win

Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the confusing/inaccurate Ebay web App would be something you need to talk to Ebay about, it isn't anything that could be changed via the influence that Gixen has with them.

As you say earlier bids of the same amount lose to the later ones so other than setting your snipe to be one penny more the other way for you to have won would be to bid earlier, in this case your bid was placed 5 seconds before the end and the eventual winning bid was placed 11 seconds before the end. So, had your offset been 12 seconds or more you would have stood a better chance of winning.

I think in this case, if it were me, I'd go with sniping a penny more though, odd amounts often work better, whatever your offset, I tend to find.

As to Gixen saying you Won when you didn't, that certainly is a Gixen bug, as Mario indicated above. Thank you for providing an example for Mario to look into fixing this. Examples, so far, indicate it's happening when the winning bid is exactly the same as the bid that Gixen submits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.