Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen recurring with PayPal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vkelley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Gixen recurring with PayPal Reply with quote

I definitely understand the need to produce some income to keep the site up and running. I love Gixen and have used it frequently...so great job. I went in to purchase the recurring mirror and attempted to use PayPal. It would not let me complete the transaction. It's linked to a bank account and not a credit card. Is that an issue for a recurring type payment? I do prefer to use PayPal where possible. Thanks so much.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one replied to this one?

If you didn't get it sorted out yet try logging in to your PayPal account first, then click on whichever option you are using - link in an e-mail from gixen or from directly within your gixen settings page - and try again.

When I renewed the process didn't complete the first time - it just stopped after clicking on a link to pay and then PayPal asking me to log in. However once I logged in to PayPal first, then clicked on an e-mail link from gixen to pay, everything went fine. Besides paying, my mirror subscription info on gixen was updated pretty much immediately.

In for another two years! Very Happy

hth

Rick
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rick,

I didn't respond to this one as I did not know the answer. Recurring payments are a relatively new option here on Gixen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know either - this is not something I control on my end, and I don't see why paypal would make an issue of what is used as a funding source. Maybe you can give them a call and find out.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

juangrande

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on Rick's experience, it sounds to me like there was a glitch in the log in process with PayPal. I doubt it has anything to do with the default funding source chosen for PayPal to use. My experience is that PayPal works fine regardless of the funding source (and even provides the opportunity to change the funding source if you've set up your PayPal account to have more than one source available).

Perhaps the programmers at PayPal "updated" their login software.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.