Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY ERROR LOGIN TIMEOUT (2)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arimartire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: EBAY ERROR LOGIN TIMEOUT (2) Reply with quote

I lost an auction due to this error. Please Help !
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the item id?
arimartire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Log in error timeout Reply with quote

Item number:400310125403
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the snipe Mirrored?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cupid"]Was the snipe Mirrored?[/quote]Yes. it is.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status does Gixen have for this snipe on the Mirror tab?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cupid"]What status does Gixen have for this snipe on the Mirror tab?[/quote]
I didn t check it. Further bids went through. I already purged this item. Is there a way to read logs
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked, and it seems that ebay (or some node near by) had an intermittent issue around that time. This is typically the case when both servers fail for the same reason, as they are completely independent. Sorry about that - can you easily find a similar item again?
spiritussanctus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I too experienced a similar error (login timeout) on item 230826221440 just this morning (PST) causing me to lose an auction (possibly, it went for a lower price than my bid), both Miami and Chicago reported identical errors.

I'm curious: does ebay have a separate protocol for the use of sniping services, or do you actually parse the HTML and form elements for submission of login credentials and bids?

Thank you.

P.S.: Also, your CAPTCHA check is quite atrocious...it repeatedly refused when posting my message what certainly looked like the right CAPTCHA translation. Why not disable the very illegible CAPTCHA when logged in? Most sites quickly cycle through a few CAPTCHAs just in case one is too illegible. In my case, I kept getting the image which resembled 95820C even under high magnification, with the penultimate letter very illegible...I tried numerous permutations (OO O0 6s, 8s) and it still wouldn't let post, quite maddening. Finally got "EAEDF2" after about 50 variants...
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritussanctus,

Sniping services are not permitted by eBay to use their API, so yes sniping services are based on parsing the html.

When posting here there is no check on whether you are logged into the sniping part of this site or not, this is so that anyone may post here whether or not they have ever used the site for sniping, that is deliberate policy. The captcha images are now different for different people though, so it is possible that some people occasionally will have more difficulty than others if the image is hard to decipher... I can only apologise for that... they are necessary to prevent too much automated spam appearing here.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To further clarify - captchas used on Gixen forum are my own implementation... hence not perfect at all, but more effective in preventing spam, as it's different from common implementations that are more frequently attacked. Every user sees a different captcha, but you cannot reload it and get a different one. It will change though every hour or so.
dre2112

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 2 timeouts today (July 22) roughly around 11am-noon Pacific Time.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dre2112,

Where these Mirrored snipes? If so, what status did Gixen have for them on the Mirror tab?

What were the item numbers?
ellis3000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT Reply with quote

I just lost an auction on item number 261072951791 to a lower bid. Apparently I had an "EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT".
(No this was not not a mirrored bid).

Any idea why?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellis3000,

Most likely you were unlucky and the connection between the main server and the eBay servers was a little too slow at the moment that your snipe was scheduled. With only one server working for you a problem of this type is likely to occur for about 1 in 300 auctions. With highly time dependant automated sniping that is about the best you can expect from a single server in this environment, no mater how well written the software, there are too many outside factors that affect the internet to be able to reduce the occurrence further for a single server.

If your experience is that you have this more often than predicted then there could be an issue with your eBay account that could be investigated further, so let us know if that is the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.