Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

gixen says I won auction but was actually outbid/outsniped

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hay.jude

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: gixen says I won auction but was actually outbid/outsniped Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

The last two ebay items I've bid on (360437343230 and 160748523604), I've received post auction emails (from Gixen) telling me that I've won the auctions when in fact, I've lost them both. When I log into Gixen, it also tells me that I've won the items. But sadly, I was either out-bid or out-sniped both times.

If you could investigate and let me know what's happening, that'd be much appreciated!

Cheers, Judy.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On both of those Gixen placed the bid and you were winning the auction, then a later bid was placed which was higher than yours. This is what Gixen refers to as 'Outsniped'.

To detect this Gixen has to make a further check after the auction has ended when your bid was successfully placed. Sometimes that later detection process fails and so Gixen still thinks you won the auction, it looks like that is what happened with both of these.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a slight problem that caused this, a typo on the Australian ebay site. Gixen handles this correctly now, so "outsnipe" status should be recognized correctly from now on.
hay.jude

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Thanks for this - I actually tried to reply earlier but wasn't able to reply to this thread (must have done something wrong).

However...I've got the same problem again - here's the content of the Gixen post auction email:

Item: 320860547361
Title: Vintage Salvatore Ferragamo white patent leather ballet shoes - size 9.5
Status (main): HIGH BIDDER
Status (mirror): HIGH BIDDER
Your maximum bid: 52.90
Current price: 31.00

The winning bid was $53.90 so I was out-sniped again. It's not a huge problem, just a bit annoying if I get the Gixen email thru first and think 'woo hoo'!

Cheers, Judy.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy, it seems that I forgot to do some updates on the system after the last fix. It should be fine now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries - thanks Mario!
Ravedewd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Gixen Indicates the Mirror Won the Auction; But It Ain't So! Reply with quote

Auction end notice for item 110912887087:

Item: 110912887087
Title: Notebook Speichermodul Hynix 2 GB DDR2 667 2Rx8 PC2-5300S-555-12
Status (main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Status (mirror): HIGH BIDDER
Your maximum bid: 21.51
Current price: 19.50

I was getting all set to fund my purchase when I noticed that according to ebay I was NOT the winner. What's this? Mirrors get no respect?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravedewd,

Are you certain that you are logged in to eBay with the account that you used to place the snipe?
Ravedewd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Gixen Indicates the Mirror Won the Auction; But It Ain't So! Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestion. I seem to have won this auction; although there was no email from ebay telling me that I had. First time for everything, I suppose. Thanks for your assistance and very quick response. Keep up the excellent work!
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can not absolutely rely on getting emails from eBay, I guess it is not always their fault... outside systems are responsible for the delivery of them... but I do suspect occasionally they get a backlog at their end which takes a while to clear.

Thanks for confirming that you did win the auction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.