Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auto-fill bookmark link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seafoamgreen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Auto-fill bookmark link Reply with quote

I'm a brand new user to Gixen after leaving another sniping services whose costs were getting out of control. So far, assuming the snipes go through as planned, Gixen looks to be perfectly suitable for my needs.

However, one feature of the other sniping service I miss is a direct "Snipe It" bookmark link I can put in my toolbar that grabs the item number from the auction I'm viewing in my browser and opens a single-item Gixen snipe in a new (smaller) window. All I have to do is enter my bid amount, click "Add" and close the window. It made adding snipes extremely simple.

I have no need for the mirror service and no interest in installing scripts and whatnot on my browser (required to use AutoSnipe). But I'd happily donate to get this feature. I'm not much of a programmer, but it seems simple enough to code.

Of course, I'm new here so maybe this feature exists and I'm just missing it!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not simple. What you are asking for is a browser add-on. This is really not all that different in functionality than autosnipe that achieves the same thing.
seafoamgreen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Auto-fill bookmark link Reply with quote

mario wrote:
It's not simple. What you are asking for is a browser add-on. This is really not all that different in functionality than autosnipe that achieves the same thing.

Thanks or the quick reply, but I assure you that it's not an add-on. It's a PHP page that you link to directly in your bookmarks or favorites. Like I said- I'm not a programmer, so it could be the hardest thing in the world to code. And, as someone who isn't a programmer, a link I add to my browser bar is a lot easier than messing around with scripts myself.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must have an ability to pick up the contents or URL from the currently displayed page, so it can't be just PHP.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject:

seafoamgreen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Auto-fill bookmark link Reply with quote

mario wrote:
It must have an ability to pick up the contents or URL from the currently displayed page, so it can't be just PHP.

Here's a link. Don't open if you're offended by the existence of other sniping sites. http://mybaypal.com/esteal/estealit.php
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, only within that php you certainly have some javascript, so you have a script one way or another. In fact greasemonkey and autosnipe is probably safer, as you know what you are getting and can review the script yourself. But either way - it's a different way to implement the same functionality, so I don't see a point in implementing it twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.