Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Lost a nice item again- Gixen did not bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Lost a nice item again- Gixen did not bid Reply with quote

Lose another auction recently, which is the second time Gixen did not work during the recent 2 weeks.. Crying or Very sad

AUCTION number, 130651027490

I place a bid $33, but Gixen did not bid for me.
AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
when click "view more details" then display :Error log not found. Please contact Gixen support (2).

I use a address of US, and it can bid and never meet limitation before.

Any problem?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your ebay account is registered in China, it's irrelevant what address you use. The error message was "Sorry, this item cannot be shipped to China.".
sl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Your ebay account is registered in China, it's irrelevant what address you use. The error message was "Sorry, this item cannot be shipped to China.".

My shipping address is set up to US address, and I always bid without problem.
and for this auction,
The first bid is from me, and have no problem, why when sniping, problems happened? thx.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not matter what shipping address you have, if the seller sets the option not to ship to places that they don't ship to then eBay uses the location your account is registered, not the shipping address.

If sellers don't set that option you can bid, many sellers don't set it or don't know about it, that is why often you can bid on items that don't have a shipping option for China.

There is no way for you, or Gixen, to know if the seller has restricted the auction before the bid is placed, the only way you can find out yourself is by trying to place a bid yourself.

It seems that you did that in this case, but the seller must have changed their options so that you could not place another bid.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject:

sl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
It does not matter what shipping address you have, if the seller sets the option not to ship to places that they don't ship to then eBay uses the location your account is registered, not the shipping address.

If sellers don't set that option you can bid, many sellers don't set it or don't know about it, that is why often you can bid on items that don't have a shipping option for China.

There is no way for you, or Gixen, to know if the seller has restricted the auction before the bid is placed, the only way you can find out yourself is by trying to place a bid yourself.

It seems that you did that in this case, but the seller must have changed their options so that you could not place another bid.

Ok, thanks Cupid for detailed explaination.
yes, I also thought that the seller changed the option of shipping area... so in this case, it is difficult to handle...
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have contacts in America (since you have a shipping address there) you might want to consider setting up another buying account registered with a main address in America, then if you used that account you would not get this problem for items that are listed in America.
sl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
If you have contacts in America (since you have a shipping address there) you might want to consider setting up another buying account registered with a main address in America, then if you used that account you would not get this problem for items that are listed in America.

Thanks Cupid for consideration.

I have heard that one person can set up more than one account.
But the address I used is the one of my friend, can I set a new account with that address? Need any identification for the credit card or bank card of mine because I remember ebay need these when I set the first account.

Btw, at the moment, I only use account to buy items, is it permitable to set up account (like the US account you mentioned) to sell things?
thx.

Btw, another question: how can I save or export the history of snipering of Gixen, does it possible for mirror service?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen does not save history, but mirror subscribers can enable notifications. The status of each snipe will be sent to your mailbox, then you can save it if you wish.
sl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Gixen does not save history, but mirror subscribers can enable notifications. The status of each snipe will be sent to your mailbox, then you can save it if you wish.

Ok, thanks for reply.

I recommend Gixen should add the function of save history or export, which would be a useful function, and some other sniper soft have this function.
This would make Gixen more powerful, so think it Wink
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl wrote:
I have heard that one person can set up more than one account.
But the address I used is the one of my friend, can I set a new account with that address? Need any identification for the credit card or bank card of mine because I remember ebay need these when I set the first account.

Btw, at the moment, I only use account to buy items, is it permitable to set up account (like the US account you mentioned) to sell things?
thx.

I have 7 eBay accounts, but I have only ever sold on one of them (and not for quite a few years now), mostly I use them only for buying and setting up searches.

EBay don't mind you having many accounts so long as they are all run within their rules, if one gets shut down and they can link them than I have heard that they are likely to close them all.

It is very common for people to separate their buying from selling into different eBay accounts because that can help solve a few eBay problems like having buyers complain that you are asking more for something than you paid for it... or sellers that you have a problem with threatening to buy things from your account in order to leave negative feedback.

All you need to set up a new eBay account is a different email address, you can't register different eBay accounts with the same email address.

I know there are people that have eBay accounts that are registered in different countries. I don't so I can't say whether there are any issues with verifying them, but I would think that if you have a telephone number registered at the address that you wish to use and someone that is willing to verify it via that number then it should not be a problem.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is not so easy - eBay will allow you to register an account, but after a while it may (and probably will, from what I have seen) ask you to confirm an address with a credit card whose billing address matches the address in the ebay account. There is a special error code in Gixen for snipes that failed due to unverified address.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, yes I can see that it would be harder to get friends to verify your account with their credit card, however if it is buying account only then eBay will never actually charge it.
sl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks mario and Cupid for explaintation.

Ps: hi, Cupid, are you also a Admin. of the forum or Gixen as I can see you are very active here Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl wrote:
Ps: hi, Cupid, are you also a Admin. of the forum or Gixen as I can see you are very active here Smile

I like to think I help out where I can... I have the ability to tidy things up if there are off topic posts on these boards, but that is the only administrative exercise that I perform here.

I do not have any access to the Gixen servers, only Mario has that.

In most respects I use this site like any other user, I use it nearly every day so it is easy for me to check here quite often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.