Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Error - Bid flow reset (1)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phbrush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Error - Bid flow reset (1) Reply with quote

I had 2 potential winning bids that failed overnight with Bid flow reset (1). I have 2 more still scheduled in the same group. Is there a problem ? What should I do ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were they both from the same seller? If so, have you bought items from this seller recently?

No matter what the answer to the questions above, with two of these in close succession it is probably best if you try to place a manual bid on the next item in your group and see if you can get eBay to show you directly what they want you to do... it may be that you have reached a limit that eBay impose and they want you to verify something on your account before they will accept more bids from you.
phbrush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Ebay errors Reply with quote

The items were/are from same seller. Manual bids are being accepted. Have not purchased from seller before. What now ?

[quote="Cupid"]Were they both from the same seller? If so, have you bought items from this seller recently?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the item number?

This can also happen randomly, e.g. ebay takes a front-end server out of rotation at that moment, and session information is lost. If you used mirror, and it happened on both servers, then there has to be an issue either with the seller, or your account.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the database, and I do see somewhat increased number of these errors. I'll see if I can find out the cause.
phbrush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Bid flow reset(1) Reply with quote

It just happened again on another item in same bid group (item 160613274096)
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phbrush,

It's not that item id, but I found it nevretheless. This is not a coincidence, ebay wants to say something behind that second login screen.

I can see that you have another item from the same seller lined up - can you do that one manually (except for the final bid), and see what is behind that second login screen?

I tried doing the same with my own account, however I am not getting any warnings.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem. eBay changed the "login refused" text, and this resulted in some cases customers to log in with an incorrect password. There is no security concern, because snipes in Gixen shown in the user interface are always matched with both username and password, however this may have allowed some customers to schedule their snipes under the incorrect password.

I fixed that now. Please log in again, and make sure you type your password correctly. You will likely get a screen with no snipes at all, as you will not be able to see any snipes scheduled under the incorrect password. Then re-enter them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.