Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen WON the bid, but shows "Bid Under" status

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Gixen WON the bid, but shows "Bid Under" status Reply with quote

Just curious here, as I did win the snipe! Smile

130434874068 closed at 1.29, my snipe was 1.88, status shows "Bid Under" and the 1.29 closing value, but I DID win the item, for 1.29, and the 1.88 would have met the minimum increment, anyway!?! No Mirror (yet!), so that's not the issue, and the auction closed over 24hrs ago...

Things that make you go Hmmmmm...!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is because it wasn't Gixen who won the auction for you - the bid was placed manually, or by another sniping service. Gixen couldn't raise the your maximum bid again, and the response ebay sends in such situations is the same as when your bid is too low. Hence "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE" status.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: No other bid but Gixen Reply with quote

Hello Mario,

No other bid method employed beyond Gixen. Winning (only) bid was placed 5 seconds to close, typical behavior for a default bid, or at least should have given Gixen the chance to place the 6 second default. Previous bid 2 days earlier by different bidder.

Again, not a complaint, especially since I won it! Smile I have used Gixen a LOT over several years (Thanks to you, Mario!!! Keep up the good work!!), and this is the first time I've seen something I can' explain... hmmm.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.