Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid under asking price query

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Looly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Bid under asking price query Reply with quote

Hi
I understand and have used the contingency bidding system but is there a way to set it up so it still cancels subsequent bids after a win but continues to enter the bid on the next item in the group, if the previous item went for more than my entered bid.
I've unfortunately missed a couple of items because they automatically cancelled after a previous grouped underbidding.
Hope someone can help Confused
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but no... Once you win the first item in a group, the rest of the auctions in that group are canceled.
Looly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: re.Bid under asking price query Reply with quote

Hi Mario
Thanks for the swift reply.
Not sure I was clear in my question, I didn't win the auction I was outbid (bid under asking price) Does this still mean all the other bids in the same group are still cancelled.
I know it does if you win the auction but I had hoped it would continue to bid if I LOST the auction
Sorry confused old bat here Wink
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a contingency group all the subsequent auctions are cancelled when you LOSE the first auction in that group... I'm a little confused as to what you are saying or asking for, are you saying that this function is not working?

Normal groups cancel the rest of the snipes when you WIN the first item... I'm not actually sure which type of group you are talking about and/or using... this appears to be what you are wanting, but perhaps not what you are using?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, let's first clarify - Looly, are you talking about regular, or contingency groups?
Looly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Now I'm confused arghhh! What's a normal group:?
maybe I should start from scratch.
I found three similar items all ending at different times, as I was away from home I decided to enter all three item numbers using contingency group one, hoping to win one of them. I'm now wondering if I should have selected the Normal group for my needs.
I was outbid on the first item so still wanted to bid on the second one. I assumed (wrongly as it turns out) that the contingency group method would do this but instead, as you all correctly state, it cancelled my subsequent bids.
I must admit I didn't know what the 'normal group' selection was for.
Is this the one I choose to ensure my subsequent bids are submitted.

Hope this is a little clearer. Sorry to be such a nuisance.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. you should use a normal group for what you were trying to do, they are generally used when you want to win just one of the items in the Group.

Contingency groups are different, they are generally used for things that come in sets, so you dont want to bother trying to win later things if you dont win the earlier ones, like the fancy wheels for a new car, no point in having the wheels if you didn't get the car. Contingency groups are also used by those taking advantage of postage discounts on multiple items, if you haven't already won something it sometimes isn't worth bidding on later things if a full postage charge would apply.
Looly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark
Thanks for your reply. Your explanation has made it so much easier to understand.
I shall go off now & edit the group thingy.
I'm now a much less confused old bat Very Happy

My thanks to Mario for his input also.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good that we have it clear what happened... Thank you for letting us know... good luck with your future sniping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.