Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Offset Main/Mirror

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Euroboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Offset Main/Mirror Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been a gixen user for well over a year, but only a mirro user as of now..

I've never had a problem with being outsniped or losing a bid with Gixen, unlike many others I tried before finding Gixen. My question now concerns the offset settings.. What exactly is the difference between the 2, by which I mean should they be set the same or should the mirror be set shorter etc??

Many thanks all and a great service looks to have become even better with this desktop ditty!!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you are asking what they do, but for the benefit of others these independently set the number of seconds before the auctions ends that Gixen attempts to place the bid from both the main and mirror servers.

They are customisable by the user because there is no right or wrong answer as to what they should be, it is just a matter of user preference. Some people set them differently so that the servers never manage to place two bids of exactly the same amount at the same time, for outside observers that is an indication that you are using and automated sniping tool since it would not be possible to do that by any other means. Personally I'm not concerned if people know I am using a tool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.