Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soy-mocano

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET Reply with quote

AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET - What does this mean? I just missed an auction, lot #180471277715. Why?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I responded to your email. The seller does not ship to your country, and has restricted the auction only to bidders from countries where he ships.
annabellan2007

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem!And not one time!The problem is on the seller shippping my country missing,but on the description write world ship (20$)!
So what is the problem,and why i can't buy the item?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the issue to take with sellers themselves, and subsequently with ebay. I guarantee it's not Gixen imposing any restrictions on anything.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject:

nickobec

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: test bid Reply with quote

As somebody who regularly buys from eBay sites outside .au I will continue to repeat, unless the user specifically states worldwide in the listing, put in a small test bid, well before the auction closes. If your bid get rejected, you can then contact the seller and get put on their buyer exemption list.

As Mario will tell you, eBay are constantly changing how things work.

Early last year I could bid on ebay.co.uk UK only listings but not ebay.com US only listings.

Then it changed overnight, could no longer bid on ebay.co.uk UK only listings.

ATM I can bid on ebay.co.uk europe only, but I test that every time.
annabellan2007

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,i always bid from outside,because in my country not exist ebay!
Just my question is,why when the sellers list miss my country,but in the item description write they ship worldwide ,always never won and again the same:AUCTION RESTRICTED: and bla bla shipping bla bla!
Can you resolve this problem?Or just to bid like usually,2 windows at the last 20 sec!Borring...i don't think gixen is necessary if is need to be front the monitor anytime when my country miss at the sellers list...
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

annabellan2007,

There is nothing that you or Gixen can do to place a bid if the seller restricts the places that they will sell to, you will find that your manual bid is blocked by eBay in these circumstances whatever you do. There is no way for you to tell that such a restriction exists without trying to place a bid on the item.

The best advice appears to be to try to place a small initial bid and if that fails contact thhe seller to see if they will change their listing to allow you to bid or add you to the list of buyers that have no restriction on their auctions.
annabella2007

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
annabellan2007,

There is nothing that you or Gixen can do to place a bid if the seller restricts the places that they will sell to, you will find that your manual bid is blocked by eBay in these circumstances whatever you do. There is no way for you to tell that such a restriction exists without trying to place a bid on the item.

The best advice appears to be to try to place a small initial bid and if that fails contact thhe seller to see if they will change their listing to allow you to bid or add you to the list of buyers that have no restriction on their auctions.

I'm not agree with this,because before to find gixen-with sellers restriction about international bidders was the same(i mean,without international shipment,but with agreement from seller he will ship it)always my bid is confirm and i never lose items!!

So i think this is a bug to the program gixen!

Now please,let me know what i should say to the sellers ( when i ask them for shipping to my country and i have agreement) to allow what to the listing?

Best regards:Anna
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna,

Sometimes you can bid on items that do not explicitly have Internatioanl shiping as part of the listing. However this is not always the case, if the seller sets restrictions (that you can not see) then you are not able to bid.

You should ask the seller to remove the restrictions that prevent you from bidding.

If you do not beleive me, try placing a small intial bid yourself, you will find that in the cases that Gixen can not bid for you, you are not able to bide manually either.
nochkin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

annabella2007 wrote:
Now please,let me know what i should say to the sellers ( when i ask them for shipping to my country and i have agreement) to allow what to the listing?

Don't ask (many seller would say "yes", but keep the restriction on), bid instead. If your bid will go through, your snipe should be fine too.
annabella2007

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,now i did what u told me,and my bid is confirm even with no shipping for my country(seller description :will ship Europe/worldwide 4.00 to include insurance.)
Now will wait to see the gixen will win this item or not!

BR:annabella
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can bid even when there is no shipping to your location when the seller has not imposed restrictions. Gixen should also be able to bid in these circumstances.
pathranger9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

annabellan2007 wrote:
I have the same problem!And not one time!The problem is on the seller shippping my country missing,but on the description write world ship (20$)!
So what is the problem,and why i can't buy the item?

I got same problem. I can't bid with the same reason, but the listing state that it is international/worldwide listing. i wonder that ebay add some sniping block scripts ??
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pathranger9 wrote:

I got same problem. I can't bid with the same reason, but the listing state that it is international/worldwide listing. i wonder that ebay add some sniping block scripts ??

worldwide listing still doesn't mean that all the countries are included. I suggest contacting the seller and asking for details.
pathranger9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put a bid on a listing with a small amount with no problem at all, and now i'm being outbid.
just for testing, now i put much more higher for same listing in gixen. i will report to you if same restriction problem occurs
pathranger9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i won the listing i use for testing. with this test, i assume that the restriction error purely come from seller restriction set that we cannot identify

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been using gixen for several years, and i've had this happen before, but since its just happened twice in three days, i noticed it more....

i have had no dealings with the sellers before, and though im bidding from the uk on us items, i have never found this to be a problems, since i frequently bid on items not marked worldwide without a problem. thus- it cant be that, as worldwide or us noly- im still able to bid.

i will email both of the sellers and ask them, as these were two items i really wanted- and bid about $88 on, so could have won- they ended at $35 and $65. i do really want to know for the future.

if its happening this way aruond it may also be happening on items i am selling, and so would like to avoid it both ways.
the only reasons i can think of are that my id is currently private- but since this is recent, does not account for past 'requirements not met'. i have also earned a couple of non payment strikes recently (was ill and couldnt get to a computer). but had none in the past- so again, couldnt be the cause.

advising people to 'bid manually if they suspect' doesnt work, as one has no way of guessing which items may be affected!! also- not everyone can sit beside a computer- or even if they do, can loose out from a slow server (as i tried last week- sever sloooooow for ten mins- no bid went through).
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advice about biding is not a suggestion to manually snipe, that would not help as you would get blocked in exactly the same way that Gixen does without the oportunity to try to get the restriction removed. The suggestion is to place a manual low bid early, to check that you are able to bid on the item. If you are you can then place a snipe with Gixen for your true maximum, if not you can contact the seller to see if they will raise the restrictions that prevent you from bidding.

The payment strikes are the most likely cause if you are experiencing more of this, sellers can place restrictions on who is able to bid based on the number of non psyment strikes that they have over a period, you can not tell this without trying to place a bid.

The availability of worldwide shipping only affects the visibility of items from satelite sites, it does not affect whether you are able to bid on the item if you do manage to find it, this you already know since you have been able to bid on items without the worldwide shipping option. However there is a seperate restriction that sellers can impose that they will only sell to users registered in their own country, again there is no way for you to know whether that restriction is in place without attempting to place a bid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.