Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Counter is One Off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dotter

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Counter is One Off Reply with quote

The counter that shows how many scheduled bids at the top of the page is always one short of actual number of scheduled bids until the page is reloaded.

Example
Scheduled bids for user dotter (2)
Scheduled bid #1
Scheduled bid #2
Scheduled bid #3

would be what shows on the page. If I add another, the counter would then increase to 3. If I reload the page, it then shows the correct number.

Not a big deal, but a bug none the less.

Also, I have my user name at the top of this post, and I'm logged in. The default for submit guest post is no. But to submit this, I have to change it to yes. Is there a reason for this, or is it just a default that got left that way? Just curious.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is a bug I pointed out quite a while ago... the counter is also off when you delete snipes.

This forum is running on a piece of third party software (so, not written by Mario) and user names on here are not connected to your eBay user id, (unless you want them to be)... so most posts are submitted as Guest posts without having to be registered on this forum via that software. That is deliberate policy both to make the forum open to all and to discourage people from registering and then posting items unrelated to sniping and Gixen.
nochkin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and regarding Yes/No switch: this is a way (although, too simple and not always acceptable) to avoid automatic spam on the forum. When you put it to "Yes", you confirm that you are human.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.