Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

unknow error < bug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dantemorales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: unknow error < bug Reply with quote

auction: 150429143877

ended at 35.50 my bid was at 36.50

bug: I think there's a bug inside the offset, I set the offset to 3 with firefox sniping tool and then I changed it to 6 with the gixen "my account" then to 3 and back to 6, I would also ask why under 6 seconds there is a negative return about "rules of bid increment",
thanks

ps: im loged in but I cannot post as an user instead of a guest(I tried also to logout and login)
dantemorales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: unknow error < bug Reply with quote

dantemorales wrote:
auction: 150429143877

ended at 35.50 my bid was at 36.50

I win the auction but I was not loged in to ebay so it didn't show me as "winner", by the way it shows and unknown error and the bug about forums remain, you can delete this topic,
thanks

Wink
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: unknow error < bug Reply with quote

dantemorales wrote:

bug: I think there's a bug inside the offset, I set the offset to 3 with firefox sniping tool and then I changed it to 6 with the gixen "my account" then to 3 and back to 6, I would also ask why under 6 seconds there is a negative return about "rules of bid increment",
thanks

ps: im loged in but I cannot post as an user instead of a guest(I tried also to logout and login)

Forum accounts are not the same as Gixen account, so posting as guest is fine.

I did not really understand what the bug is?

As for offset questions, this has been discussed many times (search the forum) - a short answer is that, in an ideal case, you want your bid to be placed when there is no time left for anyone to change their mind and increase their bid, but before all the other snipers. Google for "ebay bid increments" and you will find more about it.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: unknow error < bug Reply with quote

mario wrote:

My reading is that they thought Gixen had not bid because they had changed the offset many times, but later discovered that it had and they had won.

If that is not a correct reading of the situation I hope dantemorales will explain it to us.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: unknow error < bug

dantemorales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: unknow error < bug Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
mario wrote:

My reading is that they thought Gixen had not bid because they had changed the offset many times, but later discovered that it had and they had won.

If that is not a correct reading of the situation I hope dantemorales will explain it to us.

correct!
ty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.