Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen didn't knew I bid on the item before on my own

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asab36y

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Gixen didn't knew I bid on the item before on my own Reply with quote

My last two snipes were for two identical items. Both started at 0EUR and at a minimum possible bid of 1EUR. I bid on the first one manually for 1EUR, then set this and the other (was still at 0EUR cause noone else bid on it yet) for Group 1. I've set 1EUR for the first item in Gixen, (this was the one I already bid on, and this would finish sooner too, I wanted Gixen to monitor it) and set 1.5EUR on the latter one, in case I wouldn't win the first item (still at 0EUR on ebay,)

Now what happened:
Gixen bid 1EUR on the first item, thought I didn't won it (although I did, cause I was the only bidder beforehand already with 1EUR) and then he bid also on the second one as well (Group 1), to make me win it. I won it as well, even though I didn't need the second one, since I've won the first one.

Now, what vent wrong there, Mario? (both items still in the system)
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing went wrong, Gixen couldn't have known about your manual bid. Since Gixen did not win the first item for you (your manual bid did), it proceeded to win the second item for you.

If you place a manual bid in the future, make sure that the bid scheduled with Gixen is at least one ebay bid increment above your manual bid, as Gixen has no way of knowing about your previous manual bids.
asab36y

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: now I see... Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Nothing went wrong, Gixen couldn't have known about your manual bid. Since Gixen did not win the first item for you (your manual bid did), it proceeded to win the second item for you.

If you place a manual bid in the future, make sure that the bid scheduled with Gixen is at least one ebay bid increment above your manual bid, as Gixen has no way of knowing about your previous manual bids.

Ok, it was then my fault. I thought it would recognise my manual bids.

Your answer does leave me wondering: even if I instruct Gixen to bid with 1.5EUR, it won't win it with this bid, since my previous 1EUR bid is there and the next increment isn't needed. So wouldn't it still think, that I (Gixen) lost this item?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: now I see... Reply with quote

asab36y wrote:
Your answer does leave me wondering: even if I instruct Gixen to bid with 1.5EUR, it won't win it with this bid, since my previous 1EUR bid is there and the next increment isn't needed. So wouldn't it still think, that I (Gixen) lost this item?

No, 1.5 EUR would have got accepted by ebay - it would have raised your maximum bid (not the final price, just your maximum), and Gixen would have seen that you were a high bidder at the moment.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: now I see...

asaby

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: now I see... Reply with quote

Quote:

No, 1.5 EUR would have got accepted by ebay - it would have raised your maximum bid (not the final price, just your maximum), and Gixen would have seen that you were a high bidder at the moment.

Ok, perfect. I'll try this next time. (Gixen was performing well for me ever since I use it, so, a big thank you anyway Mario and your team)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.