Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Europe and gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lycaon888

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Europe and gixen Reply with quote

Hi,
Will i be able to snipe a product that is listed in Europe and cant be bought from America.The thing is when i press the item number from my gixen account,it redirects me to an ebay page that sais:

This item is not available for purchase
This item is not available for purchase on eBay United States.

Thanks in advance
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is not a problem.

If you are using a europen site to find things on eBay it would probably be best for you to update your country setting (on the Settings page accessed by pushing the 'Settings' button at the top of the page) to correspond with the site that you use, then when you click on item numbers in Gixen it will take you to that site.

You also may want to change your Gixen target site, which changes where Gixen places the bid. However this is not essential for bidding on European auctions as Gixen automatically switches the site that it bids on if it cannot bid from eBay.com, so long as you leave the 'Change ebay target site automatically if needed:' setting to be the default of 'Yes', dont change that.
May

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to confuse the issue, and perhaps I'm mis-understanding it, but I once got caught out by a similar situation. I'm in the UK and wanted to bid on a US item, which was listed as on sale only to the US. I contacted the seller beforehan and they were perfectly willing to ship to the UK, they had only chosen the "US" option automatically. However when I tried to bid fairly late, ebay blocked the bid anyway. It seemed that the seller either had to change their listing terms, or manually accept my bid, and I hadn't allowed time for that.

So if you are talking about an item that isn't listed as shipping to your country, and are very anxious for it, I'd urge sorting out a bid in advance and not risk sniping. Or only up your bid via snipe rather than making it your initial one.

Appologies if I've misunderstood the situation, I just don't want to see you missing out as I did (it was a more or less unique item in my case).
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very good point May.

I was addressing the situation where the seller has listed the item on one of the eBay satelite sites (like .de, .co.uk, etc.) and set the auction to by available to ship to the country in which the Gixen user is located, but has not listed it on .com or allowed shipping to the USA.

In the case you refer to it is indeed necessary to get the seller to alter the listing or specifically include the user in their approved bidding list before eBay will accept any bid on that item from that user. This can only be acheived by contacting the seller and them taking the required action.

Generally, if you search from a satelite site that covers the region in which you are located and can see an item that way then this is not necessary, you can bid on it... it is only when you use a site that does not cover the region that you live in to do your searching that the problem you refer to occurs.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.