Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.
Forum is available in English only.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released Reply with quote

Gixen Desktop Manager 2.0.2 has just been released.

Improvements include:

1) GDM is now 64-bit. which makes it perform better and be more friendly on Windows 7, Windows 10, etc.

2) A third-party openssl library that was previously needed and distributed with GDM is no longer needed.

3) As before, GDM does not install - you unpack the zip archive and run it. It's free from adware and spyware as long as you download it from Gixen.Com (download link is below). Please avoid any other site that offers it, some modify it and add all kind of different garbage that you don't want installed on your computer.

I will see if interest for 32-bit app still exists to release it in parallel, but the default distro will now be 64-bit.

You can download it from https://www.gixen.com/gdm/GixenDesktopManager.zip
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released

22dollar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released Reply with quote

I will see if interest for 32-bit app still exists to release it in parallel, but the default distro will now be 64-bit.

Need 32 bit, thanks
Frichmout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Gixen desktop manager and Norton Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

I have just downloaded GDM and at first execution, Norton (Symantec endpoint protection V12.1.6) said it was not a safe file and has deleted it...
Crying or Very sad
frichmout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: GDM and Norton, precision Reply with quote

Precision : Norton report

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Risque de sécurité détecté.
Security risk detected: WS.Reputation.1
File: [local location] GixenDesktopManager.exe
charlescarmichael12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,
Thanks very much for a new release will try it over the coming days
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frichmout,

I guarantee you I haven't put any malware into GDM. The only important thing is to download it from Gixen directly, and not some shady third-party site.

As for the Norton, definitely not my favourite anti-virus software.
Nutters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released Reply with quote

Would appreciate 32 bit as well, thanks
Ramona

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to mention that the links to the Gixen Desktop Manager on the main gixen.com home page are currently giving an error "The topic or post you requested does not exist".

Also, is there any way to know when there is a new version of Gixen Desktop Manager (or indeed of the Firefox extension) without having to visit the Community to check? I'd be happy to be on a (low volume) Gixen mailing list that told me about updates, planned outages, etc.
gipsy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I would like to have the 32-bit version of Gixen Desktop Manager.
I know that the future is at 64 bits, for questions of organization and computer park, I stay at 32 bits (for the moment).
Thanks
Gip
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for a 32 bit release, please and thank you.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32-bit version is now available at:

https://www.gixen.com/gdm/GixenDesktopManager-32bit.zip
Ramona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramona wrote:
Just to mention that the links to the Gixen Desktop Manager on the main gixen.com home page are currently giving an error "The topic or post you requested does not exist".

Also, is there any way to know when there is a new version of Gixen Desktop Manager (or indeed of the Firefox extension) without having to visit the Community to check? I'd be happy to be on a (low volume) Gixen mailing list that told me about updates, planned outages, etc.

Just to mention that the links are still broken - and I'd still like a way to know when a new version is released Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I updated the link on the home page. For major GDM updates - I disable the old version on the server side, so you know immediately that you must upgrade. I don't do that always - e.g. not for minor updates, as it's a hassle for users who may not need the update.

I will see that I add another flag on the settings page (e.g. email for GDM updates), as I don't want to email all users about something they may not use at all.
22dollar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: 32 BIT Desktop Manager Reply with quote

[quote="mario"]32-bit version is now available at: ....

Thanks for 32 BIT Desktop Manager ! ! !

Can [32 BIT] Desktop Manager be loaded with Firefox and then have items go to Firefox eBay pages when item clicked on??
To avoid bidding yourself up when forgetting you are using Firefox Autosnipe for your eBay bids instead of Explorer.
Very Happy
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really understanding this 22dollar,

There is only one Gixen snipe amount for any particular auction, whether you add that snipe via the web interface, via Autosnipe or via the Gixen Desktop Manager, they all access the same Gixen database.
ralwine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: GDM and Norton, precision Reply with quote

frichmout wrote:
Precision : Norton report

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Risque de sécurité détecté.
Security risk detected: WS.Reputation.1
File: [local location] GixenDesktopManager.exe
Rolling Eyes

Norton always considers anything they don't recognize - or that enough subscribers aren't signed on to - something to quarantine. So do a number of other malware bots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I don't buy as much from eBay as I used to, I have downloaded the Gixen Desktop Manager and Android app and it has made buying from eBay so much easier.
Thank you for this.

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: