Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Desktop Manager Won't Extract Files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickelzy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Desktop Manager Won't Extract Files Reply with quote

I'm trying to install the desktop manager on my computer but have been unable to do so. Specifically, this is what happens...

1. I save the .zip file on my computer
2. After saving the .zip file I open it up (by double clicking on the GixenDesktopManager Application).
3. I am prompted to extract all or run the application. After trying either option, such as extract all, I get the error message "Windows Cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created".

I have Windows 7 32 bit installed on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to have the desktop manager.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In which directory have you got the zip file saved?

I would try moving it somewhere that you have more covtrol over e.g. craete a directory called GixenDesktopManager in your c: drive, put the zip file in there... and then try to extract all the files.
nickelzy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is automatically saved in my download file. I have tried extracting the files to different locations but I still get the same error. I even tried copying the folder elsewhere on computer and then opening and extracting the files but same problem. Even more, I just tried doing this on my laptop which is running Windows 7 64 bit and same exact issue. Therefore, I am having the identical problem on two different computers - one running 32 bit and one running 64 bit (both Windows 7).
Larry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too get the an "Unkown Method" error on trying to extract with WinRAR. I have Vista.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download 7-zip, it's free, and since that's what I used to create the archive it will certainly work.
nickelzy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet... it worked. Now another question, why am I showing up as a guest when posting? I have logged on (and have paid the $6 fee for mirror advanced features) but still show up as a guest.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum accounts are totally unrelated to ebay/gixen accounts. Email me if you post often in the forum and I will open you one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.